I like to go to Peets Coffee and Tea. I'm not a coffee drinker really, but they have other good drinks there too. Plus there are usually lots of coffee vampires there for their daily fix. (nothing wrong with coffee vampires; I like them) Thusly, there are people to draw. They don't have the best seating, at least, not for people who want to draw other people and not be noticed. But there's one sweet spot by the door that usually works pretty well. Today I didn't get that spot, but I didn't draw many people either. I drew a shelf of chocolate bars and toffee candy.I have discovered a new weapon of art: the brush marker. One end is a marker, the other end is a marker shaped like a brush tip. Cool! I used the marker end today for the shelf of candy. It's funny to look at it after scanning it. Now you can see where I just kind of forgot about the whole perspective thing :)
I bought a hunk of oil clay that will never dry because I want to start sculpting. I just bought the Art of Ratatouille book, and it's just as wonderful as their other books, with a lot more pictures of sculptures done by Greg Dykstra and Jerome Ranft. They make it look so easy! But man, sculpting is a lot harder than it looks. But it's also really relaxing.
I also watched Sleeping Beauty the other night with Mary. I can't remember watching it a lot as a kid, so it wasn't ever a favorite of mine. But it really is a beautiful film, and the three good fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather are just fun to watch. And what villain can be more villainous than
Maleficent?A good film will make you feel like making films. I love that feeling!
I love the tones you achieved in the Cafe sketch.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gerald!
ReplyDelete