Thursday, May 24, 2007

title

Even though I'm not expecting a letter from CalArts for a few weeks still, I think I can sort of "unofficially" say that I will be missing the opportunity to go this year. I wrote them an email asking about what would happen if the letter came while I'm gone in June, and in their reply they said that they were afraid they might not be accessing the wait list this year at all.
I don't feel too bad about it; the school I'm at right now isn't a bad school, after all, and there are lots of good things about staying home. Money is one factor--we're saving some! Plus, I'll get a second-hand experience of CalArts through my friends who are going this year (wink wink!).

I'm still undecided about where I'll be going next year though. Some days I'm all for the Academy of Art, and other days I think about CalArts still. What to do, what to do. I did tell myself that if I didn't get into CalArts, I could buy myself a push-scooter...which is very exciting... And I don't have to decide really until December, when CalArts will be accepting portfolios for the next year.

In other news, I will be traveling to France for a few weeks, coming up in the first week of June! Paris for a while, then Nice, then a few other little towns down in the south of France, then Paris again at the end. Hooray!

And this is a view from the Filbert Steps leading up to Coit Tower. On the right is that cool art deco building. Check out Paul's blog for a cool rendition of it.

2 comments:

  1. damn, Calarts is a crazy school to get into -- but there are always lots of other choices and oppertunities elsewhere! Plus, with your talent theres no need to worry.
    I can't wait to see all the cool Paris sketches and photos you'll take :D
    it'll get me all excited for my triip up there!

    and, if you don't mind im going to have to steal that deco photo for my collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Paul, my photos are your photos! Yeah, CalArts wins this year...but next year I plan to enter the fighting ring of portfolio madness yet again! And yeah, Paris is exactly a week away now...! Craaazy! I'll draw everywhere I go :)

    ReplyDelete