Tuesday, July 03, 2007

teapot kettle for tea


There's this neat teapot at Peets Coffee & Tea. I wanted to draw it, but it was kind of far away, so I just brought it to my table and sketched it. After a while the manager (I think) brings a customer up to the shelf where it had been. She stares at the top shelf and asks herself aloud, "What happened to that silver teapot?"







It's aluminum, actually... But I gave it back to her :)


A few minutes later a guy comes in who I recognize from seeing him in other cafes. I'd seen him before several times, and he had even talked with me once or twice. He's nice and all, but he also likes to talk. I was hoping he wouldn't see me, and for a while, my hoping worked. But alas, he saw me drawing and began to talk. Actually, he didn't even acknowledge that we'd previously met--I don't even think he remembered me (I have shorter hair now). He was polite--he complimented me on some really weird (read:bad) drawings I did of other teapots-- but I can't really draw when other people are talking to me. Soon he sits down at my table, watches me draw, and I don't encourage much talking. Again, he's nice, but I just can't draw when he's there. "I have to to to work. Nice talking with you..." I say. I really did have to work, but I had an extra half hour to spend.
So where else to go, but an art store?

Happy Fourth of JULY!

3 comments:

  1. You have some really cool background artwork on your blog. Keep up the neat stuff!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I like this little story snippet. Lets just hope this guy never finds your blog and reads it!
    Awesome teapot by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Paul. What if he's been reading my blog all this time and suddenly he finds he's the subject of one of the posts! That would be crazy!

    ReplyDelete