
On our last night in Paris we were allowed into Les Marmites D'Agnes, a restaurant that normally would be closed on a Monday. But Agnes, the owner and chef opened up just for us (even turning away other customers!). What a treat, and what a way to spend out last day in France!
So here is a postcard for Agnes, soon to be mailed. Now to try to remember how to write in French again...I might just skip to the English and let someone translate for her!
We had actually come to her restaurant (the size of a living room) the day before, searching for our dinner-spot. There was one family there eating, and when we asked them about it they were raving. They were from the states as well, and could talk to Agnes through another woman, possibly her daughter, who spoke both languages. When we learned it was reservations only, we had to turn away. But we came back later and asked if we could get reservations for the next night. FermeƩ Lundi, Agnes told us. Closed Mondays. But after a moment or two, she came back and told us, Come back at 8 tomorrow, I will open for you. And that's exactly what she did. However the next night the bi-lingual woman wasn't there to translate. I got to use a lot of my high school French...so thanks, Mme. Stone, my wonderful French teacher for four years!
And the little black "Toy Poodle" is named Bonnie. Apparently Toy Poodle is a type of poodle. So it was a real dog, not a toy! But very cute. She was 5 months old when we were there! The food was to die for. Except you wouldn't want to die. You would want to eat it. Lots of it. We enjoyed the entire experience immensely! Just hope Agnes doesn't see this before it gets to her. Shhhh...
I got a new sketchbook, which for all of you who draw, you know this is an exciting and important turning point in our year. It means we will be spending hours, days, months face to face with it, holding it, carrying it wherever we go. So it's an important decision! I usually get those big, green Sketch ones with the metal rings binding it. I love those, but I have so friggin many of them, they begin to all look the same. So I bought a little hard-cover one by Canson and I really like the quality of the paper. Some strings binding the paper have snapped. So that's not real great, but I still like it and it's not like it's falling apart yet or anything...And a drawing from said sketchbook. The flag is just there for her to have something in her hand...doesn't mean anything really. It was fun to draw in blue.
congratz on the new sketchbook!!
ReplyDeletethat dinner experience sounds amazing! Writing postcards is fun =)