Well, another SketchCrawl under the bridge. Gray in the morning, but sunny later in the day. Oddly, the temperature seemed to behave opposite the weather--warmer in the morning and quite chilly and breezy when the sun came out. But everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. It's great to see familiar faces and meeting new ones. I didn't do anything fantastic--but I had fun experimenting a very tiny bit. Used no lines in this tugboat one, just watercolors. And, predictably, I couldn't keep track of where anything was! I tried a big fat brush at the same time a little kid came up to the edge of the fountain. Somehow his head came out nicely, but it was an accident! The people, of course, were the main course. Delicious, all! Its hard to stop drawing them. I plan on going to coffee tomorrow morning to get some more of them in. If I can get up.CalArts is finally sinking in for me! It feels so good...and then scary! But then really really good again. haha. They did give me about $1000 financial aid, which is great, though it is about a fraction of the cost...it will cover books, though! Thank you calarrtsss
I want to show you more of this robot I have. I have more time now, theoretically, so I should have more time to work with him. Remember the little scribbles in an earlier post? That's him. We'll see if he turns up some more soon. Have a good week! Happy April!




Hey! Thanks for the comment. I tried loading them up yesterday but there was something wrong with the uploading and the computer wouldn't let me. I'll retry. I'm contemplating to start a blog with blogspot or wordpress but I'm not sure it is better or easier to use.
ReplyDeleteI have a problem with the SC forum as well. I hope it'll get resolved since i asked to get my profile rebooted. and yes, that was me in the hip hop class. It's my other art that I am passionate about.-sat
i really like the third drawing with the girls.
ReplyDeleteand i look forward to seeing more of the robot, he is a cutie. :)