
Do something scary every day...right? Sooo painting in photoshop! Yeah, it was scary at first, but it became super fun to do real quick. I used photo reference for the bowler hat. I had drawn a made-up hat there for the longest time and it just didn't work. Bowler's hats aren't all that magician-y, or clown-y, but that's what I imagine her wearing. Oh, and I don't know why I gave her blue skin. She's not crying (though she is making a pouting face), those are makeup tear markings, like on some clowns or mimes. Actually, yeah, I see her more as a mime than a magician...anyway...
The nose was the hardest part, and it still sort of looks like her nostrils are glowing. haha. But I'm glad I had the black background to work with, because it filled in all my darkest shadows already, and I had somewhere to start from. I drew this over the other drawing, on a new layer. So three layers in all, just the black background, the yellow sketch, and then the color version on top. Woo hoo-- here's hoping I can get a better hang of this over the summer...like doing more scarier things like cityscapes or something like that.
Ack! I could just keep working on this for forever. But I must leave it. For now. Goodnight!
(I'm going to figure drawing sessions tomorrow! twice, hopefully!)
No comments:
Post a Comment