http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/Los_Angeles.html
Earthquaaaake!
No, I didn't really feel it. But I certainly heard it! I was folding laundry and my window suddenly started rattling up a storm. It lasted a good 10-20 seconds maybe. I kept trying to feel a real shake, but I couldn't detect anything. I thought maybe I was jumping to conclusions, but then I checked online, and there it was! Just a little dinky one, but exciting none the less! It's the one right above Palmdale.
EDIT:
Okay, so I jumped to conclusions. This is what really happened!
NASA was forced to land their space shuttle Endeavor in a desert near here, causing sonic booms!! I didn't believe it when my friends were telling me it was because of a space shuttle landing. I didn't even know they did that here...
But isn't it weird how a small earthquake happened right here at the same time? That sure threw me off. Sorry for all the exciting confusion...haha
1:22 Palmdale earthquake
1:25 Endeavor space shuttle sonic booms
...poor confused Amelia...
oh wow that was an earthquake?!
ReplyDeletei thought it was the strongest gust of wind in the world... haha I was just sitting here facing my window and the window started rattling like crazy... now I feel silly.. like I didn't feel any shaking.. the window scared me though.
I didn't even notice!
ReplyDeletejust wait for the angry mob of rioters, hordes of locusts, frogs and the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse....
ReplyDeleteHahaha...well I guess I threw off everybody then...sorry guys!!
ReplyDeleteo no. that whole situation sounds so confusing!
ReplyDeletewow, excitement in LA ! Thats insane... thanks for sharing the news (didn't hear anything about it all the way over on this coast!)
ReplyDelete