Monday, September 19, 2005

Nevarez-inspired

I believe that is how his last name is spelled... I just stumbled across John Nevarez's blog a few days ago and am already stunned with this pencil-work. He made me realize thatI really should focus more on movement.
Ok, I can draw a girl's face alright and maybe you can figure out what she's thinking. But I can't draw her doing something... Whenever I draw figures, it seems, they're just standing there or something boring like that. Being able to draw movement; fluidity, strength, weakness, energy, fatigue, aggressiveness, flirtation, anxiousness, claustrophobia, et cetera, is something I really need to work on. And from now on I will never stop working on it.
I blew up a few of Nevarez's pictures he had posted and with a fabric marker just traced the drawings he did right onto the computer screen. I wiped them off the screen with a tissue. Then I tried to copy a few of his and create a few of mine..

.

4 comments:

  1. looks great. John is true talent, a tremendous draftsman and a master of composition. I certainly picked a few things from him myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louie. I've picked up sooo much from this closely-knit internet community of artists. Very cool.

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia,
    BEAUTIFUL work!!!!!!! I'm flattered that the Kim sketches influenced you to do these studies. Keep em coming. If you need more to see, let me know. Til then, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Thank you!! I'm flattered that you visited my site! Your sketches are awesome and inspire me every time I see them. Thank you so much for stopping by.
    :)

    a

    ReplyDelete