I ordered the Corpse Bride soundtrack and got it in the mail on Saturday. I love it! Though there are little pieces here and there where I think it sounds a little like "Nightmare Before Chrismas" or "Hulk," that is to be expected from any songwriter who has a very distinct style (Danny Elfman, in this case). I really do love the music and am not disappointed that there are less 'vocal songs' on it. I enjoy the vocal songs but find consentrating on other things (reading or writing) while listening to them quite difficult. I must say Moon Dance is my favorite so far, along with Remains of the Day and The Wedding Song. Wait, two of those are vocal songs...oh well, guess I love both kinds of songs!
In other news; I'm still excited about my Senior Project but am a little nervous about convincing others that it is challenging enough... It will be thoroughly enjoyable to work with my mentor to write the script and brainstorm ideas, but... I guess I'm just nervous about other people's reactions to my rather odd story. Honestly the biggest flaw in the story is that the average person on the street doesn't really know what emergency lights do. Oh well...we'll see what happens I guess.
Senior Pictures are tomorrow...ugh... Well, have a nice day. Talk to you later.
corpse bride is a wickedly gleeful banquet of morbid invention :)..
ReplyDeletecorps bride is a very void movie, soundtrack was not good, story was not shoking enought, is a horror movie for kids under 8.
ReplyDeleteNo gothic animation will ever compit with nightmare before x-mas.
is a good attempt, but for me, form 1 to 10, corps bride is a 5
Guile- glad you liked it...you're good at poetry...
ReplyDeleteMarcos- well whatever floats the boat, I say. Some things are better for other people.
Thanks for stopping by
a
Well, checking your history...some old posts..always do...
ReplyDeleteDanny Elfman is excelent, Have you checked the Mystic Knights of Oingo-Boingo?
I really like the Jack songs he sings, specially What´s this....waht´s this..what this I cant believe my eyes wake me Jack up this isnt fair!!! What´s this? There´s something really wrong, there is people singing songs,...wahts this?
And spiderman soundtrack is also his, wonderful, dont you feel inspired when hearing those songs?