Ok! Here are a few pics. The fish are from a work-in-progress painting. I'm new at the whole acrylic paint thing so I'm experimenting. There are two charcoal sketches-- sorry they're kind of badly centered; and one little sketch from my fabulous fabriano sketchbook ( inspired by Lotte's drawings).
Your drawings are already showing so much improvement. This is the amazing thing about life drawing. You will achieve a level where you will amaze yourself because your range will continue to increase. I am no where near where I should be but it's a nice elusive goal that keeps one sharp!
OHHHH Amelia is beautiful :)truly a great work :)....You will have great sucess... Yes Louie is right and yes Amelia all kind the information is useful!!!Happy to see your drawing ;)
Louie- Thanks a lot! Life drawing is a lot of fun, once you get warmed up to it. It definetly helped me last year and will hopefully do the same for me this year too! About the life drawing books...that's good advice. Any book that breaks down the principles of drawing belongs on my bookshelf!
I like the figure in the middle, the one making the A shape - nice gesture to it.
You're going to Wondercon? I'm going on Saturday... you should go by the Stuart Ng bookseller while you're there, I hear he's got a bunch of awesome european comics (a la Blacksad)!
Emma- Thanks! I'll be going Saturday too, after class and I'll be sure to stop by Stuart Ng books. I've heard a lot of good things about the books they have! Hope to see you there!
Paul-I don't know anything about painting with acrylics...so I thought I'd try it out a little more...I donno, I still need more practice!
A-
ReplyDeleteYour drawings are already showing so much improvement. This is the amazing thing about life drawing. You will achieve a level where you will amaze yourself because your range will continue to increase. I am no where near where I should be but it's a nice elusive goal that keeps one sharp!
Nice stuff!
BTW - Many will discuss what their favorite life drawing books are and how one is better than the other... the answer?
ReplyDeleteThey're all good. All that info is good info. There's a million ways to do it... Just thought i'd share that....
OHHHH Amelia is beautiful :)truly a great work :)....You will have great sucess... Yes Louie is right and yes Amelia all kind the information is useful!!!Happy to see your drawing ;)
ReplyDeleteLouie- Thanks a lot! Life drawing is a lot of fun, once you get warmed up to it. It definetly helped me last year and will hopefully do the same for me this year too!
ReplyDeleteAbout the life drawing books...that's good advice. Any book that breaks down the principles of drawing belongs on my bookshelf!
Vigriniajoe- Thanks so much! Glad you like it :)
a
I like the figure in the middle, the one making the A shape - nice gesture to it.
ReplyDeleteYou're going to Wondercon? I'm going on Saturday... you should go by the Stuart Ng bookseller while you're there, I hear he's got a bunch of awesome european comics (a la Blacksad)!
ooo I like the start of this red fish painting! Acrylics are so much fun, I wish I used them more
ReplyDeletewooo hooo figure drawings!
Emma- Thanks! I'll be going Saturday too, after class and I'll be sure to stop by Stuart Ng books. I've heard a lot of good things about the books they have! Hope to see you there!
ReplyDeletePaul-I don't know anything about painting with acrylics...so I thought I'd try it out a little more...I donno, I still need more practice!
a
Nice works Amelia !
ReplyDeleteThanks Crescendo!
ReplyDeletea