You're probably thinking, "This girl is slaking off. Why do I even follow her blog anymore?" And if you're one of those people thinking that, then you have good evidence to support your claim. I could try to dish up a bunch of excuses but the truth is I just haven't been blogging and that's bad.
So here I am, writing just to be writing.
My figure classes in SF ended last weekend with the final exhibition. I'm much happier with the picture I exhibited this year than with what I entered last year. I feel good about it because this was my last chance of doing the class (since I'm a senior) and I got lucky that I turned out an OK drawing on the last day of class! Otherwise I don't know which one I would have submitted. Looking back on my very first drawing from last year I feel like that class really helped me out. I learned to stay loose, but not to go straight for all the curves; get the structure down, then round out... I hope I can pick up a class around here where I can continue doing that kind of studying.
Yesterday, Saturday, felt strange because I was at home. I haven't been at home on a Saturday for a month and a half! It's been perfect weather here too. I went to SSU yesterday morning to present a film I had done with three other friends about a tourist who comes to Guadeloupe, thinks it's boring, falls asleep and dreams about the history of the place, wakes up and has a whole new perspective on it. She becomes a teacher of Guadeloupian history. And it's all in French! It was for a kind of language celebration thing; I had just decided to do it the week before, I mean, why not? It was a bit nerve-racking going up in front of people though to talk aobut it. I almost did it in French but took the easy way out and rattled off in English.
This morning there was an article in the paper about John Lasseter and his film Cars. It comes out this summer on June 9th, one week before I graduate. There are many strong pros and cons coming up this summer, so I can't decide if I can't wait for it or if I don't want it to come at all! Pro: graduation Con: Senior Project presentations! Pro: Cars! Con: No more classmates that I've known for ever!
I guess I could find more pros than cons here (Summer, no more homework for three months, summer, end of having no time to do anything, summer, vacations...summer...) but ahh...I'm rambling again... But hey! Three month left almost exactly!
I tried but could not get any pics up this time because I'm on a different computer. Have a splendid week if I don't write again before that.
And happy belated St. Patty's day!
whoa only 3 more months!! That's soooooo insane! I had no idea summer was coming so soon! I have been bad about blogging to, maybe we both need to be a bit more routine with it.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we had that class together, the first few saterdays felt so wierd having lots of time. I want to take another class! like right now haha
I'm sure you'll think up more pros for the summer!
- Paul
Thanks Paul! Yeah, three months left, it's rally hard to believe. I hope it goes by quickly and slowly at the same time!
ReplyDeletea
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThanks Red!
ReplyDeletea