
Would you look at that. A whole new year, yet again. It never fails to sneak up on me. I'm pretty excited about the stuff happening this year--the most exciting of all being my family's trip to France. It's scheduled to be in June sometime for three weeks. Ahh, j'aime Paris, mais je vais etre dans une situation qui va me forcer de practiquer mon francais. I bet that was all wrong! Well if any of you can speak French, please PLEASE give me some pointers. I'm going to need it! I tried to say, "I love Paris, but I'm going to be forced to practice my French..." How do you sat "however" again? Gah! I haven't had French in six months and it's already slipping away from my brain.
Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. I have a good, adventurous feeling about 2007, and though I'll miss 2006, this year has the potential to surprise us with even greater things.
You know, it's weird...Paige just got back from Paris last night, and she said almost everyone she talked to there didn't speak english, but when I went, whenever my friends and I would try to ask for something in our garbled french, whoever we were talking to would start speaking english! Not the best english, but enough for us to get by. =P
ReplyDeleteI'd say definitely pack a french-english dictionary, for those times when you just can't remember the word.
Hey Lindsay! The same thing happened to me in Paris that happened to you...people just seemed to know instinctively that we were American! Sad, really. But people have told me I look French, so maybe this will work to my advantage this summer!
ReplyDeletelast with corny! that was and still is one fantastic drawing.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Amelia! I hope you had a good holiday- and congrats on the mac. Is it hard getting used to? That is one thing I'm afraid of hehe. I will have one... eventually, one day!
J'adore Paris aussi! :) One of the only things I didn't like was the flight time- if only we lived on the east coast! I think you'll be fine in France, you took AP French! And because of that I have always regarded your french skills as excellent hehe. Oh yeah- inhaling second hand smoke was the other thing I didn't like, but I guess it's worth it... since everything else is so lovely.
I haven't talked to you in forever! School starts tomorrow for me. booo
It was fun "video conferencing" yesterday Cindey! I think you need some kind of iCAMERA though...your camera didn't really iwork with imeliea's iworld. Hehe. Hope your computer gets all fixed up--and no, it's not too hard to get used to the Mac interface :)
ReplyDeletePost something on i like crayons sooon! haha
wow, your post actually got me really excited about this year haha
ReplyDeleteYou get to go to France!! Take a billion photos please - and if you have any questions about speaking French go to Dongyi, shes the queen of speaking it
Haha, thanks Paul
ReplyDelete