Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey day at calarts

Happy Thanksgiving!
Yes, it is time for an update. Once again, much has happened since my last post, including exciting fires...
Here's a view from our grassy hilltop here at CalArts, taken a couple weeks ago. During the day the fires were visible from the billowing smoke on top of the mountain just east of us. At night it looked like lava coming down a volcano. I hear this happens near CalArts every year partially because of the Santa Anna wind, which is a strangely warm weather pattern that comes around here annually. Add the spark from one match and the whole area goes up in flames... But we're in a pretty safe place, so I wasn't too worried for our own safety.

Guess what else happened? WALL-E came out on DVD!
Yep. We had a Wall-e party. In fact, a couple of us ended up pulling an "all-nighter" the night before it came out. At 7am there were two of us left, so we got in the car and drove down to Target to buy it. Then we came back, had breakfast and went to class. The following night we had our Wall-e screening. I bought some balloons and had a friend decorate the yellow Wall-e one. I drew an Eve on the white one I bought...Didn't get a picture of that one though I guess. Yay Wall-e!! Up next is to watch The Pixar Story. Can't wait.

And look what my cube-mate and friend Ashley has been up to...stockings!! She made them all, and they're already filled to the brim with goodies...I wouldn't have thought it possible, but now our cube looks even more inviting!


And check this out! Our story teacher here who works at Disney took five of us to Disneyland last Sunday! He got a discount on everyone who came in who didn't have a pass. We spent half the day in California Adventure (soaring over california, california screeming, toy story mania, tower of terror, and of course the animation building...such a magical place...!) but when it started to get dark we headed over to Disneyland and had an awesome time over there too. We couldn't do Space Mountain just once! We ran back around for a second time too.


It's strange around school now, especially in the animation cubes because it's so quiet. But those of us who are staying here for the holiday had a very nice dinner--with waaay too much food! But it was very filling and I'm sure there's going to be a Thanksgiving part two sometime this weekend. Definitely we're having a pie party tomorrow. :)


Hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day!

3 comments: