Last week I was able to sit in on a few figure drawing classes with my former teacher from the junior college. He teaches a great class during the school year and during summer that I sorely missed at CalArts. But it was great to stretch my drawing muscles again on the (required) 18X36 paper (so big!). I realized that figure drawing isn't something that will come back automatically...at least for me, I'll need to be doing it consistantly if I want to improve. Over 3 days I filled up a thin pad of this big paper. Gotta get some more of this for the upcoming school year. Oh yeah--school starts again early September! Second year, here we come.







Today my family visited the fair! Mom and I got in free because we submitted a few things to the art shows; it was kind of cool because we both placed first in the categories we submitted for. :)

I also took the liberty of exploring the kids' tunnel inside the flower show building...

And earlier in the day we stopped by our friends' store--he sells cool eco bikes and electric scooters! So I get to test-drive them every once in a while!

Have a great rest of the week, everybody.
PS: thanks to mom for all the pictures ;)
Amelia, these figure drawings are LOVELY! I just love how loose your line-work is, how sculpted some of these figures feel with tactfully-placed smudges and swipes from the broad end of a charcoal stick. Also, I'm definately digging that colorful portraid of the oldish man! I love the way you do faces :)
ReplyDeleteI want to live your fun happy life style with cute felt creatures and artsy fairs and awesome figure drawings! D :
ReplyDeleteMe gut as usual! I've always loved your figure drawings. So awesome!
Your'e so right about that too. I've gotta figure out some way to get figure drawings in!!
Your so lucky you found a spot for figure drawing during the summer! My art muscles are dying for a sesh. I love the sepia one and the multicolored profile below! Lovely.
ReplyDeleteAmelia, take advantage of Allen as much as you can!! He's still the best life drawing teacher I've had, I miss that guy quite a bit!! See you at school
ReplyDeleteHey I'm just going to reply to your comment on here. (:
ReplyDeleteThank you soooo so much for commenting, wow you have no idea how excited I was to see I actually got a comment! (and from an amazing artist made it even better) :3
I've been trying to experiment a little more with mediums and the way I draw, I know I need to more! What kind of ink do you recommened? Do you use a brush? Or like a pen w/ ink? x) Or both? (:
Thanks again for the comment. I was getting nervous by how people were describing the work load, but I'm glad to hear that it won't be a huge shock for me. (:
By the way...your life drawings are incredible. God there is so much volume and movement, and the colored one of the old man is BEAUTIFUL. I have never seen such lovely colors. Your amazing and I hope to draw like you. :3