
A year ago on Sunday, August 5th was the last day of CSSSA last year. That day I couldn't believe CSSSA was over. It was the last time I'd see Cindey Crayons for a long time...maybe even forever. But never say forever! Because just last week, just short of our anniversary of CSSSA's end, Cindey came to San Francisco, and she, me and Jeff (and Jason and DC and yes, even "R'coon") were reunited at last! And what's more, is our awesome TA from last year,
Brigette, invited us to come visit her at Pixar Studios. SWEET!
She was accepted into their art internship program. YAaahh.

We took a cool tour of the building and goggled

at all the amazing artwork on the walls. It's all Ratatouille sculptures and paintings on one side, and many Bud Luckey illustrations on the other side of the building as a tribute to him because he retired earlier this year. We ran into Ronnie more than a few times, too- a pleasant surprise! But he was wondering why the heck I was there with Brigette, so we explained our CSSSA connections :)
When our visit was done, Jeff, Cindey and I all had spicy Indian food in Walnut Creek. We actually stayed a little too late...the last ferry I was supposed to take actually left one minute before I finally got back to the San Francisco ferry building. Sooo Cindey's family was very nice and let me stay in their hotel room for that night! Which was great fun, and I got to spend more time with Cindey, and I got to meet her family!
I miss you, Frownie!!!
Sounds like a blast. Glad you got to meet up with some friends.
ReplyDelete