Friday, September 14, 2007

breaking rules and figure drawings

Ok, I'm breaking rules. I'm supposed to put figure drawings up on the Tomato Earrings blog, but it's kind of silly to have separate blogs... So I think I'm just going to combine the two again because it's better for me and for you!
Anyway, here are a few from my new figure drawing class. Our teacher is super amazing. I go through about ten bazillion (bad) drawings before I hit one that I like...these are the result of a few bazillion.


11 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I've just started classes this past friday, so my drawing class is still "warming up" I'm so anxious to start with figure drawing!! (see this gets me more amped up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stupendously beautiful pieces of artwork! I'm serious, your lines have such energy, and you sculpt out forms...wow! I really do love these drawings, especially that first one and the one of the man whose back is facing you. How long are these poses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and black ones are probably 15 minutes each, the gray ones maybe 5 minutes each, and the gray gesture most likely half a minute or something like that. I drew so many NO GOOD drawings in between these ones...but luckily you don't have to see those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were done in acrylic paint, so it was quick to manage. Mind you, I did sleep for 2 days after that. It's intense to work that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, the two in red are stunning!! I love the top one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the volume you have in your drawings.
    i'll try to update my blog...soon! And let you know what's up. keep drawinggg you're coming here next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank youuuss
    Yeah Cindey updaaattee tiiimeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog! Thought I'd return the favor. I like your drawings a lot (and that's a compliment I reserve). I don't know if you're familiar with Glen Vilppu, but I'm trying to learn his sort of drawing. I like animation a lot, too, and I used to live in northern California. Nice to digitally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap those are awesome. The top one's so sexy for some reason, making it my favorite one. Love the sculpting effect. Keep pushing it, these are sick. Lvoe the mediums used in the top one as well, and the look it gives. As well as giving the face personality with a limited angle. Nice nose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow thanks Brian, that made my day!

    ReplyDelete