I'm IN!!!!
CalArts, you do care!
It came in a big, beautiful envelope, and I found it on our dining table when I got home from working at the cafe this morning. I think I scared my cat when I started jumping up and down.
Thanks for all your support everyone, especially during these past couple weeks. I could really feel the good vibes coming in. So thank you sooo much. You guys are like a support group or something!! ;)
IT feels SO good having some idea of where I'll finally be, and what I'll finally be doing for the next four years of my life. There's just been these two years of uncertainty. Now the waiting is over, and I am set. I send a HUGE huge huge thank-you out to Louie, Ronnie and Brigette who might read this sometime. Thanks for everything!!
Yeahh!! Congrats! September, here we come!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, if I could hug you I would! CONGRATS! (I feel as if I got in! hahahahaha) I'm totally glad you made it!
ReplyDelete-Sil
YAY AMELIA! Congratulations again, you've worked really hard for this and it's great that it has all paid off. :) Now you can join in on the power outage adventures next year eh? haha.
ReplyDeleteYesssss! Everyone over here is super happy that you're coming next year. :) It does feel really good to know what's going to happen, I disliked the waiting feeling and the uncertainties of last year.
ReplyDeleteYaaaaay! next year! Amelia! Jason! YAY! exciting exciting
AMELIA! First Jennifer told that you got in, then Jeff, then Cindey! All of Keane Street was so happy for you! Everyone was telling everyone that Amelia got in. (But we all knew it would happen anyway).
ReplyDeleteCongrats... I hope you did something to celebrate!
-Jenessa
SUCCESS
ReplyDeleteYay congrats, fellow CalArtian!!! :D I just got in too and am finding other bloggers who got in... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is such good news! Congratulations Amelia, hope to read about your adventures at CA
ReplyDeleteall the best
nicole
awesome awesome awesome =)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Amelia!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
Wowww thank you everyone!
ReplyDeleteCar2oon, everyone on the forum are gonna be awesome friends ;)
Silvana, thanks! I can feel the love!
Jennifer, thanks so much! I'm getting myself ready for power-outage explorations and wild fires...!
Cindey, Jenessa, Jeff, I've wanted to come back to visit Kean Street ever since I left--I'm so glad I'll be hangin' out with you guys this year!
Tahnee-congratulations, and great blog! See you next fall too! Nicole, Dimitrius, I'll be sure to update as much as I can :)
Oh my gosh! I screamed when I read this. I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats congratssssssss!!! WOW!!! GOOD JOB! I knew you'd get in, and you've worked so hard for this that you seriously deserve it. Really. Good job, Amelia, and good luck for the future!
ReplyDeleteFantastic - I'm soooooooo happy for you. Now on to another adventure and what a great time you're going to have! Jo
ReplyDeleteNick, Sam, Jo- Thanks and thanks and thanks! Sam, you'll get there soon, I know it. But first-- CSSSA!
ReplyDeleteWOOO!!!! C O N G R A T Z !
ReplyDeleteThis is really awesome. I'm happy just reading your post!
HUZAH!!!! FANTASTIC news!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a cat to scare, so I gave out a good shout in your honor. :)
I'm really really happy for you!
This was awesome news Amelia, huge congratulations. Your portfolio rocked hard! Btw, I love the robot designs below. It's work and ideas like which says you need to make films at Calarts! Glad they listened.
ReplyDeleteI'll see you there in September.
YES! Go Amelia! Congratulations! :D
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo! So happy for you Amelia!!!
ReplyDeleteInsert a "that," after "like". Haha, where's an edit feature when you need one?
ReplyDeletePaul, Splinesmith, Brian B, Lindsay, Gerald, you know what I'm gonna say ;) Thanks to all of ya! Brian B--this little robot is a character I want to put into a short film. I'm going to try to finish it before I get to calarts. No promises in animating it, but I would like to create an animatic at least...
ReplyDeleteYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! This is so exciting, and yet, not a surprise that you got in. Ha ha, well done! I look forward to being classmates. Go celebrate until September!!! You've earned it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michael!
ReplyDeleteWe'll definately have to bring sketchcrawl to CalArts! And of course you're welcome to join in on the local sketch outings! It'll be loads of fun!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and best of luck and fun and awesomeness! :D
ReplyDeleteAmelia,
ReplyDeleteI just (officially) met you yesterday at the sketchcrawl, but I have to say reading this post made me soooo excited for you. Congratulations and I hope to see you at more sketchcrawls in the future!
Sirose-Thanks! Nice to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteBrittney Lee-It was great to finally meet you. I looked at your blog and WOW your stuff is great..! I loved that dog in your short film! Also, I saw the post on Chuck Jones's Rikki Tikki-Tavi, so I watched it on You Tube, very cute, very 70s, very JONES! ;)
congrats on you acceptance! Excitement is awaiting! Cheers on your beginnings of your adventure! -SAtoshi
ReplyDeleteHEY!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and welcome to the ranks of calartians. ; )
Now--go out there and make killer films, kiddo!