Tuesday, November 17, 2009

camels and ctn-x

Here comes CTN-X this Saturday! I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope I can meet some cool people. I really want to have my portfolio full by then, and I plan on making some cards today. Also that day, coincidentally, is SketchCrawl #25! I think my friends and I started at the 4th Crawl in the City. Haven't been able to make each one, but I've tried to sketch something on each official day. CTN should be easy to sketch at--so many people to draw! So I'm looking forward to it.
I gotta stick around the dorms today until someone opens the pantry again...I left my sketchbook in there when I made macaroni and cheese last night. But I don't have a key to the pantry, so...I've got to wait it out and hope it's still there! Gotta get a pantry key...

Here are some old character designs from several weeks ago. The assignment was "Young and old camels." I overheard someone say "My little Camel" when they saw mine and at first I was embarrassed...they certainly do look like My Little Pony camels. But I thought about it, and actually I think it's a hilarious idea. Maybe I should go back and re-design these so they DO look exactly like My Little Pony. That'd be great!!

This was supposed to be an older camel. In class I lost points for his hump being so monumental. He's old! He's supposed to have lots of extra fat stored up in there over the years! But I see what they meant, it's quite large. I did these two before doing the others:


I will be doing more scanning this week and hopefully after that I'll have something to show that I like somewhat. I see all the things I would change now in these camels but for the lack of having anything else to show, here they are.
Well I should get ready for my day. Have a good one, everybody! And let me know if you are going to the CTN-Xpo!

1 comment: