Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fantasia 2000


Today I went to the video store to visit my friend (who works there) and to pick up a couple movies for myself. One was The Secret of NIMH, another was Snow White and the last was Fantasia 2000.
I have a book called The Art of Storyboard by Don Bluth. For all you storyboard fans, it's a really good book. Anyway, there are a bunch of examples of scenes from NIMH in the book, but the copy I have is on an old tape (recorded off of TV from a video camera) and is very fuzzy most of the time. This is why I rented the movie, so I could see what those scenes in the book looked like on screen. Though there were a few moments where I thought, "Oh, that's a little too cutesy for me," or "That's a little unrealistic-" I had to stop myself and say: it's a story about mice and magic. Mice are cute and magic is unbelievable. So all in all, I think it is a beautiful movie.
Snow White I have not watched yet. I haven't seen it in a long time. By the time I was finished with NIMH and Fantasia 2000 I was too "movied-out" for one night.
Fantasia 2000 was really cool to me. I first saw it when I was in 6th grade, on vacation in Maryland. I saw it as an imax and remember liking it a lot. So ever since then I've had it kind of on a backburner in my head, wanting to rent it and see it again on DVD. I watched it and loved each segment. My favorites were the tin soldier one, the Al Hirshfield one that's put to Rhapsody in Blue, the firebird one and the flamingo with a yo-yo one. All really pretty. And each time I watched the flamingo sequence I giggled all the way through it.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder... is this friend of yours very attractive? The one who works at the video store? I'm really into blondes who are amazingly short and like to obsess over Willy Wonka. Do you know anyone like this perhaps? If so, I believe you should introduce us.

    Love... Ann Onymous (aka Anti-phlooze)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it isn't ol' Ann Onymous! Yes, she is a blonde who is amazingly short and obsessed with Willy Wonka! I should definetly hook you-uh-TWO- up.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    a

    ReplyDelete