Sunday, August 14, 2005

last day in maui

This morning I flew with a duck. No kidding.
Paragliding!
If you haven't done it, DO it! It was so amazing! I never thought it would be tiring, adrenaline-pumping, or nerve racking (though the Adults seemed to think so) and I was completely right, for once! The Adults always referred to it as "jumping off a cliff," but all we did was run down a hill and then our feet were off the ground a hundred feet up above the trees on Haleakala. My friend from O'ahu was totally against me doing it, saying that her friend's friends are all crippled because they did hang-gliding in the 80s. Hang-gliding and paragliding are kinda similar, but the reason they got crippled is because, well, that was THEN. Back then I would bet they didn't even wear helmets. So today I think it's a lot safer. I figured our worst-case scenario: tornado comes, snaps the wires, we fall to the ground, get abducted by aliens, eaten, spit out again and fall into a volcano. But there was only, like, a 20% chance of that happening.

I have realized that it is very difficult for me to draw figures that are off-balance. I was working on Nightshift, my pet project, and I needed to draw the thief step on a bucket, roll around on it, lose his balance and tumble to the floor. Sounds simple enough, but for me, na-ah. I finished that page somehow but it is terribly sloppy and smudged with eraser marks.

My mom is considering letting me go to the San Francisco SketchCrawl on the 27th. That would be COOL. But we'll wait until more info is posted up on Enrico Casarosa or Ronnie Del Carmen's blogs, both available at my links bar...but I think only two people read this blog anyway and both of them know of these guys. Hello followers!

Today is also my last day in Maui. Can't believe it's been two weeks. Part of me wants to stay and the other part can't wait to get home. Kinda funny how there really can be too much of a good thing.
Another weird thing is this: I am almost looking FORWARD to school. Yeah, weird! I know I'll be kicking myself for thinking this when I step foot in a classroom though. I bet my schedule has arrived in my mailbox back home. It's always fun to me finding out who I'll have, teacher wise, and what classes I'll have. I signed up for economics, government, English, AP art, art TA, media and French But the most important thing is that I won't have MATH CLASS! I really don't do math well. So I'm celebrating that! Plus this year I'm a senior, top dog.

Go seniors!
Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment