Thursday, August 11, 2005

maui days dwindling

I have discovered that the next World Wide SketchCrawl (copyright Enrico Casarosa) will be happening the day after my birthday, August 27th! Ever since Enrico mentioned the first SketchCrawl I've wanted to go down to SF and join in with my Pixar idols and "crawl" around the City sketching people everywhere we go. Maybe this time I will make it. I could theoretically drive myself down to the San Rafael Ferry, take that over to the City and make my way to wherever the Crawl started...but I don't know what the Parents would think about that. I definitely wouldn't drive in the City. I haven't even driven anywhere by myself besides work (fifteen minutes away) and my bass lessons (thirty minutes away). But I've never gone as far as San Rafael by myself. I did drive there last time we took the ferry, but my dad was in the car. Sorry, guess I'm rambling to myself again...
I come back to the mainland on Monday the 15th. I'm really hoping this cold will dissolve by then; the idea of being in a plane with a stuffy nose doesn't sound happy. The pressure changes could be a bit uncomfortable :(
On a happier note, I will be seeing one of my favorite bands next friday the 15th at the Shoreline Amphitheater, Coldplay. Yes, ooh yes. Very exciting. Never have been to a concert yet...yeah pretty pathetic I know. I just learned how to spell amphitheater. That's pretty pathetic too. Never knew it had a "ph" in it. Huh.
Today my mom woke me up pretty early and we all went to La Peruse to snorkel. It was really good, clear water with lots of fishies. The beach wasn't white sand though, it was all black pebbles, kinda hard on the feet. Tonight we will be going to Mama's Fish House, a very, VERY expensive (and by expensive I mean $45 for a steak) but supposedly good restaurant. Our good friend who lives on O'ahu that we saw a couple days ago gave the Parents a gift certificate for the restaurant. My tummy will be happy.
This Sunday I might take a paragliding class but found out how expensive it was and now I'm having second thoughts. I could probably pay for it myself, if I can persuade the Parents to let me. Yeah, kinda weird, but sometimes I have to ASK if I can pay for something. The Parents treat me good.
I have been working on Nightshift every day just about. So far I have 19 pages with eight pannels to a page. I'm nearing the end of what I've written and have yet to concieve of a specific climax, though I know what I want to happen.

Well aloha until next time, and thanks again for stopping it at the Gecko Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment