Thursday, September 29, 2005

rough sketches and a watercolor

Last week for our block period (an hour and a half) of English we went to the library to work on our Senior Projects. I smiled to myself thinking: ho ho! now I have an excuse to draw! So I took the time drawing stuff like security cameras and a figure throwing something (the Thief must throw the emergency light in my storyboard; haven't got it quite yet). I felt many suspicious eyes on my back as I circled the library's security cameras, sketching...but it has to do with my Senior Project, right? Security camera research. There are even a few emergency lights at our school, one I could even unplug if I stood on a chair. No matter how much I look at them, though, emergency lights have always been difficult to draw for me. I've always drawn them as just a rectangle with two circles on top...yeah... But I must learn to draw them correctly for this is the story I am doing for my Project.
There are two pictures from my "study time" and one picture from a short children's book I created for a project in French class last year. It is a "new" chapter in the story Le Petit Prince. Such a sad book. I love it.
Okay; happy Thursday, or if you're reading this on Friday, then TGIF. If you're reading this on Saturday then I'll have you know that I will be at a car wash all day raising money for JAZZ BAND, YEAH! Ok. Goodnight. :)


















2 comments:

  1. Studying cameras and emergency lights is a bit suspicous...but it wouldn't be as much fun if it wasn't. + it's for an awesome cause: ART! Your sketches look awesome! Thanks for posting the Le Petit Prince illustration, by the way my school is on bloc schedual as well, I love it! Mix up the classes, not the same ones everyday :)
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete