Here's to the Illustration Friday challenge. This is my first one, applying to the theme "Free." Man I wish I could draw hands!Also here are some doodles I did yesterday, lazing by the fireplace and smelling Thanksgiving food.
By the way, I hope you all had a nice turkey day. I helped my mom with stuffing the bird (for in the cooking process, one is to address the turkey as "the bird," not "the turkey"), sewing it up, buttering it, the whole deal. Personally I could skip the turkey really. To me, the meal is all about the stuffing and mashed potatoes. I really could be vegetarian if I wanted to. But you can't miss out on that triptophane...you know, the chemical in turkey birds that makes you sleepy?Right now I'm listening to a pretty cool sounding CD of The Bad Plus. One of the other bassists at school burned me a few copies and now I really like them, especially this newer CD, called "Suspicious Activity?" I don't know much about them, and sometimes the music gets a little crazy, but most of the time it's really cool rythmic stuff. No lyrics.
Uhh...other news that you may or may not find boring: I got a new sketchbook. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Oh, have I mentioned that I'm going to take figure drawing classes again next February? Well how I have mentioned it. It will be every Saturday for six weeks in February at the Academy of Art in SF. WOO!
Hi Amelia,
ReplyDeleteNice doodling! Your hands are coming along nicely--it just takes practice. (The figure drawing class can be good for that. Sometimes I will just focus in on the hands and feet.)
You drawings such a nice flow to them...lots of expression.
Say, thanks for linking up to my blog! Now I just need to post some artwork there. I guess I would need to make some first. I've been doing nothing but pushing pixels around this whole week.
Happy Thanksgiving (weekend)!
John
Thanks a lot John!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is up on my bar and I check it often. It looks great already and I'm looking forward to seeing some artwork too :)
As for my hands, well...it took quite a few drawings of noodley fingers and backwards thumbs before this one appeared somehow.
Good advice for the figure drawing classes, perhaps I should sit up front and focus on their hands a few times...
Thanks for coming by!
a
I like the frame you put around te illustration, a nice little touch. I like the concept of it too!
ReplyDeleteThe hair on the woman you sketched is nice
Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving, I did too.
-Paul
by the way getting a new sketch book is not boring news!! I looooooove sketch books!!
Thanks Paul-
ReplyDeleteI noticed it looked like Ronnie used white-out on some of his drawings and I thought it was a cool idea...it works really well and looks neat too! About the hair on the woman, I got inspired by an advertisement I had seen earlier that day.
Hmmm...am I just copying everyone or what?
Ah well! Hooray for sketchbooks!
a
I like the girl sketches! very lovely. Check out my work when you get the chance
ReplyDeleteBobby-
ReplyDeleteThank you for coming by! I have seen your Imiginism Studios blog before and I really like your art. I especially like the woman in a red dress, the "Follow Me" painting and the "Cat and Mouse" one too...and quite a few others as well!
Thanks for the comments
a
Great works!! COOOL blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you Alina! Great to see you here! I really enjoy the artwork you post on your blog. :)
ReplyDeletea
Hi amelia, great entry for the last IF. I find hands difficult at times too, I tend to make them look old and wrinkley. Yours turned out great, along with your other sketches. Almost time for another crawl?! Are you down for Union Square? That was the suggestion on the forum...should be fun.
ReplyDeleteGarald- thanks! Ohh, how I wish I could go to the next SC. Looks like I'm working that day though. I should be following the forums anyway... Union Square seems like the perfect spot for sketching.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for coming by
a
these are really nice loose sketches.... with good character.
ReplyDeletekeep it up
M
Thank you Mike...just checked out your blog and you've got some great new stuff up there. Keep animating!
ReplyDeletea
I love your girls they are stunning ;) make moreeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Virginiajoe! Your blog looks great. I'll put it on my links if you want :)
ReplyDeletea
Of course ;) is a honour from a talented young artist ;)
ReplyDelete