Sunday, December 04, 2005

upadate

Big news! I have my own stand-up bass now! Unfortunately I have no picture of her, but I might soon. We found her (her name's Sally by the way... Sally O'Mally) on Craigslist and went to get her this morning. The bridge was too high, so we cut it down a bit. The action (space between neck and strings) feels a lot better. Anyways, I'm really happy!! My own bass! I won't forget Sam Basso though. Even though he lives at school he's still my good friend. Maybe he would see something he likes in Sally too, huh? I should introduce them...
My work schedule has gone up a lot because of the holiday season. It kind of stinks working on Sundays. It leaves you one day for fun and the evening after work on Sunday to get homework done... But I shouldn't be complaining. Some people have it a lot harder than me!
I have made a discovery: Today in the car I was listening to my iPod mini thing on shuffle and a song from the Iron Giant came on. I listened to the track, called Space Car, and a little more than half way through the song it gets pretty quiet, so I turned it up almost all the way. As I listened to the quiet part, I heard something in the background. I rewound it (trying not to go too far, when it would be ear-blastingly loud), played it again, and heard not only a little shuffle, but a voice. You can't tell what it's saying of course...it's just a whisper in-between the gong-sounds in the song. Anyway, if any of you readers happen to have this soundtrack, try listening for it. It's pretty quiet, so listen carefully. The volume has to be, like, CRANKED. But be careful not to go to any loud parts, because they'll be LOUD!!

Here are a few pics: The pink one is from a record cover I got at a garage sale today. I only took it because I absolutely loved the art on it. The Music Man is on one side and South Pacific is on the other. I don't really care about the actual record though, so it's up for grabs if you want it. Dusty and scratched to death though. :)
This other pic I drew thinking about a character I call Gina. She's an immature 13-year-old who is not to compatable with babies. In fact, she hates them. She has a rather prickly personality and doesn't get along with everyone. But she loves to fly space ships! That's the one thing she can't live without. Flying spaceships.
And uh...I didn't get my Illustration Friday done last week, so...here's something like it: a Photo Saturday. Actually, I guess it's Sunday now. Oh well. I did follow the theme "small" though...

And here's a close up, if you couldn't see it...

6 comments:

  1. I love movie soundtracks. I listen to streamingsoundtracks.com where it's all soundtracks all the time! you might want to try it.

    Nice photos. I thought they were illustrations. You won't have to worry about subject matter when you are this curious! Gina sounds cool. You should create a show on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz on your stand up bass!!

    Gina sounds and looks like a pretty cool character, have you done any animations or comics with her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louie- I think I listened to streamingsoundtracks.com too a while ago. It was really cool. I loved it when they played Matrix music... :)

    Paul- Thanks! Can't wait to bring Sally into class and show everyone. Gina is fairly new to me, so no animation yet! Maybe a comic soon though, huh?

    a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool posting ;) and she is great ;) now more !! I know you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your encouragement, Virginiajoe! I shall post more on her soon :)

    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. great sketch of the girl!!.... and i love the colours on the album..very cool.

    shes a great character to animate...it actually looks like a key drawing in an animation sequence already.hehe

    great job

    ReplyDelete