Friday, November 11, 2005

nightshift frames

I have been re-working my story about the emergency light for about two hours a day for the past two days now, not including tonight. Tonight I started at 8 and really haven't stopped yet. I didn't plan it really- I just sat down Tuesday night, worked on it a little bit and next thing I knew, it was two hours later! Same thing happened last night. Tonight I have mostly been looking up how to draw this or that (diamonds, diamonds and other diamonds), scanning the frames, thinking "Oh, that doesn't work!" (a trashcan was twice as big as a human being) but also pondering, "At least right now these look better than I thought they would..." Yet I know there are many faults already visible and many more to see on the way, so stay tuned! Here are a few of the frames I have done this week:
Oh, and lets pretend the little girl knows how to read, even though she looks like she's in kindergarten... :)





































12 comments:

  1. Guh! Tis very nice and seemingly puts my artwork to shame though it's not online to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nini! I'll try and post a few more drawings every week or something... But the next big post will happen after this Sunday's SC
    :)

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) beautiful storyboard :). I hope to see more, they are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Virginiajoe! Pleased to see you here.

    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good stuff. But more so, i'm impressed that you are ambitious and willing to take it on. You are definitely on the right track and your perseverance will pay off. Have a fun time in Alcataz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooo i'm interested in the story already, cute character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louie- thanks again. I got to talk with Ronnie today at Alcatraz and he said you were coming up for Wondercon! A possible rendez-vous? I'm going to be attending that again next year too... :)
    Paul- so sorry that you missed the ferry today...was looking forward to meeting you... But glad you sketched anyway, your art looks great on your blog. Thank you, about the storyboard; it's still a work-in-
    progress though!

    a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondercon is definitely on and I pray to God my book is ready by then... Or else I'll end up with an empty booth selling bubble gum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MAN! You'd have a booth?! And a BOOK? I just thought you were coming up to see it! AW MAN that's cool!!

    a!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice drawings! i like the stories, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Cecilia! Your paintings are amazing...I will check them out more. Thank you for coming by Gecko Cafe :)

    a

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe I dont know but I still prefer this one :)... You need to create another one much better than this :)

    ReplyDelete