Sunday, December 18, 2005

carpe dium

Two Sundays ago was a pretty normal day at work. Untill this guy walks in with his young son, wife and hat atop his head. Not just any hat, though. It was a Cars hat. Yeah. I was at the register when he walked in, and I was immediately distracted from my work. He walked past and down to the rest of the store and I couldn't say anything to him because I was at the register. Trapped! Once I was free I went down and observed, pretending to straighten cloths on the hangers. Once again I fail myself as he soon left without buying anything and without knowing I was ever there. If he had bought something I would have spoken to him for sure. But he was playing with his son, and I just didn't want to say anything. All I know about him is his son's name. Oh well. That'll never happen again, I suppose. So a lesson to all you too-shy-to-speak-ers! JUST SAY SOMETHING! Anything! Leave no stone unturned! CARPE DIUM!
Ok...uh. I'm better now really.
Now for some spontaneous art from the Paint program created back in the stone age times...

Happy holidays to all, if I don't post again before whenever you celebrate!

4 comments:

  1. good story and great advice. Especially in the art field where artists are normally introverted. I had this problem too until I found out how cool most people are to talk to. Nice graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louie! Have a great holiday.
    PS: I heard the Pixar MoMA exhibit's coming to L.A. after London and Tokeyo! Wish I could see it!

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these two digital paintings!! Cool style - and good advice too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul! I think I might just go stand on my roof in the rain tonight...
    (see Paul's blog)

    a

    ReplyDelete