This week was Monsters, Inc. Only two more movies to go until I see Cars. And next week, I admit, I will be watching my favorite of all Pixars... The one about fish. What was it called?It's pretty amazing how much that movie has influenced our culture-I mean, what's the first thing you're going to think of when you meet a guy named Nemo? I adore that movie and all who live inside it. Woah! I just realized something- if I watch Finding Nemo next Tuesday I'd be seeing it on it's third anniversary! (you're thinking: geekalert geekalert geekalert...) That makes me happy :)

Lately I've been slacking off with this blog, or so it seems. Here are a few drawrings I've done lately... The first is a watercolored cougar who I accidentally drew too close to another cougar. The second wan inspired by Toulouse Lautrec, a famous French painter whose style I adore. I don't know how he painted his works- from pictures it doesn't look brushed on at spots but more like printed on or stamped. He has some very neat stuff. The third one is what it would look like if girls were lemons and boys were blueberries...surrounded by poppies... And the fourth one was done on a piece of paper I found somewhere in the art room. Strangely enough, one of my favorite things is to draw on paper that's already been used, thrown away, ripped or otherwise "damaged"...I see them as a convienent layer of artistry that I don't have to make- it's done for me!In other (really awesome!) news:
My parents have let me take a trip to O'ahu this summer to visit our family friend Judy!! I'll be flying alone for the first time and that's going to be exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. But I'm waaay more excited than nervous!
Random facts:
I got The Art of Cars! Awesome...
Three weeks of school left! Too long...
Four-day weekend! Jah man...
Have a great week.
I LOVE the last illustration Amelia!! The random colors and marks look so good with the black pen!
ReplyDeletewow I looked up Toulouse Lautrec and his use of color is so inspiring, thanks for bringing my attention to it :D
O'ahu is going to be SO cool! your summer is filling up pretty quickly it sounds like (by the way my 1st time flying alone was this January and its really not that scary. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to find the right gate)
Thanks Paul! Are you flying solo to Pratt this summer as well?
ReplyDeletea
Actually, I thought the first sketch was a mom lion and her cub! Very cute. I like the expression on the little one...
ReplyDelete... I love Toulouse-Lautrec along with Edgar Degas. Two very inspiring french artists.
ReplyDeleteThese are great! Good luck with CSSSA, I did it back in 1999 and 2001, so much fun!
ReplyDeleteLouie- cougar, lion, puma- they're all pretty much the same thing, right? :) Yeah, Degas has this really awesome statue of a ballerina girl that I love...
ReplyDeleteJparpan- Cool artwork on your blog! I see that you're attending CalArts-awesome- how do you like it?
a
They actually tell you to draw all day long... its great!
ReplyDeleteLovely drawings!! V expressive
ReplyDelete