Saturday, May 06, 2006

countdown to "cars"

I can now plainly say that I just can't wait to experience this movie. Sure I'll see it, but it will be more than that-a whole experience- the sight, the sound, the music, the popcorn...and all that waiting finally being paid off. I really have been waiting too long for Cars to come out- that's the problem with knowing about them really early- and yet waiting for it is a fourth of the fun. The other three fourths include watching it, researching who did what and how, and uh...geeking out about all of that good stuff.
Usually I find that I can appreciate films a little more if I learn about how they did the things they did. I also like knowing who's behind all this hooblah and that, I guess, makes me want to be one of those behind-the-curtain folks who make my life that much more interesting.
To celebrate the countdown to cars I have begun watching one Pixar movie a week. Unfortunately I started a week late because last week I watched Toy Story and now there's five weeks left and six movies to go. Oh well, I'll just have to indulge myself with two Pixar movies in one week...Then, on the fifth week I'll see the big number 7!
I watched Ice Age with my dad last night and not having seen it in many years, I had forgotten how thoroughly entertaining it all is- and I think all of its elements were satisfying; sight, sound, music (although some cool music in the movie seemed to be missing on its soundtrack, which I burned from a friend a while ago)...we didn't eat popcorn with it, but I guess that's our fault.
So just a reminder: Friday June 9th, 2006!
On a completely different note, this morning my mom and I went out to take my senior photos. Also tonight is the prom, which I didn't have much desire to go to but I got peer-pressured, heh heh. Oh well, "senior prom" is a "once in a lifetime event!" So I "can't miss out!" But as long as I stay social I won't look like one of those unsocial people who always stand at the food table...
I actually am looking forward to it but then again I'm not sure what to expect. So I'll arrive fashionably late, then all datelessness will be forgiven perhaps :)

And now for a completely random picture that has nothing to do with cars or prom but was taken at a wedding in Hawaii five years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool idea to have a Pixar-a-thon movie night once a week. That's quite a schedule you have there :) But I'm sure it will be enjoyable. Besides, it's fun to watch the older Pixar films/shorts and catch something new everytime. Thanks for the link. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gerald! Yeah, today's movie is A Bug's Life and Geri's Game too... :)

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Pixar movie a week is such a great idea!! I'm totally going to copy it, starting with....MONSTERS INC.! I loooove that movie! I can't wait for cars too, and I know exactly what you mean by waiting is half the fun! (I'm doing that with X-Men 3, going on the website all the time and watching the trailer, haha super-nerdy!)

    ReplyDelete