Friday, August 11, 2006

*sigh*

So CSSSA is over. Okay. I understand...I'm over it now...umm...
No actually I'm not.
I think about it all day then dream about it, then wake up and take a shower thinking about it. Repeat. THIS IS SO SAD!!!
CSSSA was the best four weeks of my young exciting adventurous life. So...what did I do here? I uh went to school and uh work. Then I drew some. But what I think I learned the most from CSSSA was from all the people around me. It truely was a humbling experience. Some people there run laps around my head. Both animation wise and illustration wise. I thought I drew a lot...
I made friends there that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. And thanks to this thing called Aim I've now become one of those sorry people you hear about who spends all their time with their face stuck to the screen. Some of my friends live as far away as New York and Canada, so this instant message thing has been super awesome to keep in touch.
So about these pictures...Jason the Shark has a few pics for his girlfriend, DRAGGIE...


And a few pictures from our last days together at CalArts...




9 comments:

  1. that's right amelia... instant messenging= staring staring waiting staring- on and on and on. Are you really thinking about csssa that much? because arghh i am! :( Where were the last two pictures taken? I have no recollection of such a setting nor event. Finally-- sighhhhh! Jason is such a stud. check out those shades and that ukelele! I love my jason. :) I'm glad you posted! Been waiting for this for a loooooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CINDEY
    That was Jason saying hello from a small town called Cambria. That was at a motel we stayed in right across from the beach! He didn't go swimming though...has an aversion to water. But he still knows he's a stud.

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. weeee pictures!!
    yay for AIM!
    we are all gonna become famous after college and do a collaboration animation and win AWARDS! hahaha :D

    yayyyyyy i heart you uhhmmeeeeleeeyuh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie is the bestest pirate de leon EVER!! You bet we'll be famous! We'll make our OWN animation studio...uh huh.
    :)

    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOHOOOHOOOOOOO
    AMELIA ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Amelia,

    Glad to see you made it home. About the artistry: I had a similar thing happen to me after high school; I went to a summer jazz musician's 2-week workshop, and out of 7 pianists, I was judged to be the weakest (and they were right). Most of the other pianists were really talented, and the best 2 were simply amazing. Sometimes meeting folks like that can serve as motivation. I hope it does for you!

    Jason is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CSSSA withdrawal is awful. The only way around it is AIM, keeping in touch, and visiting people whenever you get the chance. CalArts kind of ends up like a CSSSA reunion, too, if you decide to go there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. JEFF ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!

    Jim-thanks for sharing your experience!

    Emma- thanks for the support! Getting over csssa is proving to be harder than i thought... :)

    a

    ReplyDelete