Thursday, August 31, 2006

stuffs

Two books that have really helped me draw more inspired-ly...the Belle Epoque, of posters from the 1890s by Lautrec and others...art nouveau-like...and Everyday Fashions of the 20s, my favorite time period. Well, for clothing and music anyway.
Two figures from a session down in Berkeley on me b-day...and some doodles from english class. And no, she's not supposed to be hurdling over the other girl's head...uh...mis-placement heh...



9 comments:

  1. ohhh amelia- those books looks like great fun. :) lautrec, twenties, fashion- can't get any better than that! I like twenties to fifties... The two figure drawings look somewhat different than your csssa work. very interesting. And doodles- classic amelia! :D arghh I miss flipping through your sketchbook. sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeey Cindey- great fun indeed :) Figures are changing their look a bit huh? Well, part of it is that these were done in pen in my sketchbook--instead of charcoal on a big pad...I want to see your drawrings too!!
    PS- my art history teacher says "figur"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JPP-Thanks! Cool blogs you've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Amelia, I never made the connection between your "look" and the twenties before; but of course, it's there! Especially your hat selections; it's obvious now! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heey Jim- Yeah, I didn't really put two and two together until just a year or so ago...now I understand why I love big band and sinatra and old fashioned clothing and HATS and and and...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hip hip roaaaaar for the roarin 20s!! I really like the accidental compostion of the girl hurdling over the head - its neat. That book looks awesome - good source

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME drawings and cool postings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul and Alina- Thanks a lot :) Both of your blogs continue to inspire me with each visit!

    ReplyDelete