Sorry for the lack of posting-ness lately...but I have a treat for you. Here is a video of our good friend Ernie Fosselius (you will recognise that name if you've been a hard-core Gecko Cafe reader--I mentioned him a long time ago) and his new-and-improved mechalodeon theatre.
A little background: Ernie makes wooden sculptures that are animate-able with a crank. You turn the crank and the wooden figure will move in a very funny way. Until this year, all of these "automatons" were housed in the Mechalodeon, the traveling red trailer of many years. Now Ernie has made a peddle-car: environment safe! He creates everything from scrap (yes--the entire peddle car was made from scrap), but he makes it into art. Many of his people sculptures are actually caricatures of real people (see if you recognize one in there!). Take a look!
ERNIE'S PEDDLE CAR SHOW
All the wooden sculptures he made are so cool! And the one of you looks just like you! (hat, flower, clothing, and all)Anyway, really happy that you updated- you need to update more often!
ReplyDeleteOh and I did get something in the mail :)And I looove it! Very cute and beautiful painting of Jason & DC! Thanks ameliaaa!
Yaay! Glad you got the card :D Yeah, I'm pretty proud of the little mini-me...it comes up with all of my briliant ideas... Oop! The secret's out!
ReplyDeleteHe's a unique craftsman that proves there is still a charm in the simpler things in life. Especially during the age of ipods and PSP's.
ReplyDeleteThat little wooden sketching toy in the end reminds me of somebody though... hmmm.
You are very lucky to know him. Great post.
WHOA!! Thats beyond cool, haha. Now if you ever dont feel like sketching you can just wind the sculpture and mini you will do all the sketching for you :)
ReplyDeleteIts a really great idea to give motion to sculptures like that, he's brilliant!
Louie- Yeah we're really lucky to have gotten to know Ernie. He's the nicest guy too. He helped me a lot on my storyboard project earlier this year as well!
ReplyDeletePaul- That's right! All I have to do is place it on top of my head and crank it. See you saturday!!
amelia, sketchcrawling on saturday? :D
ReplyDeleteYou bet Cindey! We will be together in spirit!!
ReplyDelete