Hope you all had a good, filling Thanksgiving this year...I know I did! I've got a whole list of things to be thankful for, especially this year. It's so easy focus on only what we desire instead of what treasures we already posess, we can take for granted the things we have. Well, I took for granted the thing I didn't have--a cold! Oh well, a little sore throat shouldn't last too long.This Thursday we all piled into the car and drove up to Chico to visit family. It was a nice drive, though quite a long way to drive from here. We ate much stuffing and cranberry sauce and sweet potato with melted marshmallows on top, along with the mashed potatoes and rolls. I had just a bite of turkey this year actually; it isn't my favorite meat.

After driving back the 3.5 hours I jumped out of the car and began to get ready for a music gig I had just an hour later. Earlier this year I joined a duo of musicians who called themselves the Chicks With Picks. They liked my bass playing, and I liked their music, so we got together! They play guitar
and mandolin and they have such a cool harmony going on when they sing. At the beginning I warned them that I didn't sing, but they actually said they were thankful! I can imagine how it might get a little difficult when three people want to sing at once! So they tell me to "Sing through your bass..." The gig was quite fun, I saw so many familiar faces in the audience, and it was a FULL house. We were opening for another band called the Trailer Park Rangers. I wish I had stayed a little longer to listen to more of their music...I do like their sound.Speaking of music, for a few days I was in distress because I thought I had lost my iPod, Charlie. I almost considered posting up Lost iPod posters around the campus. But huzzah, this morning I found it wedged between the accordion case and a pile of drawings in my room!
These pictures are just some floating around my sketchbook. The profile of the man is of a model my figure drawing teacher calles "Superman" because of his strong figure and wide shoulders. I made up the shoulders here, though! He moved before I could finish. I was trying a technique with a wash pencil where I let the tip of the pencil soak until it's soft and gooey. Then it half-paints, half-draws the picture.
Oh- and I've switched to Blogger Beta now, so hopefully things will be a little, well, betah! (har har...I know, sorry)
SUPERMAN ROCKS
ReplyDeletesuper drawings! :D Aw I wish I could see you perform! It's fantastic that you're in a group now though. I'm glad you didn't lose Charlie. :) I ended up returning the iPod I got before I went to csssa since I never ended up using it... haha well also because the new iPod nanos are out and I might as well get one of those if I am still going to get an iPod. Oh and by the by-I miss playing your uke! I really think I had a great start haha it was fun. Unfortunately I think I've forgotten what you taught me though :( time to hunt one down!
ReplyDeleteJ&C- yes and thank you...and you did WHAT to your ipod?? Haha...I bet you could find an old uke in a thrift store somewhere...just gotta explore :)
ReplyDeleteHEY congratz on the gig Amelia! I want to hear this band your in, do you gals have website?
ReplyDeleteYour new icon is really neat, nice lighting and comp
I gotta try out the soaking penicl technique!! Thanks for sharing
I bet you were really relieved when you found your pod --> yesss!