
Each year for Halloween for the past two years I've gone to Albertsons and bought the biggest orange balloon they had. The first year he was named Pablo, last year he was Pablo II, and this year...this year I forgot. It was the worst feeling. Like I had abandoned an old friend. I had a pretty full evening already, and I had to be home by 5:30, so I did my Halloween-party-shopping between classes during the day, then I came home to practice a little bass for half an hour. Then I headed over to bass lessons, and after that I picked up a pizza. Whew! But I was late to my own party! So I rushed, thus forgetting to buy my best helium-filled friend.
So the day after Halloween I decided to make up for it. I went to Albertsons and asked for their biggest balloon. Turns out that this time their biggest balloon was only a foot and a half tall, nothing compared to the previous Pablos. But I was okay with that. As long as I had some kind of Pablo this year, I'll be able to forgive myself.
So I take this new Pablo, Pablo III Jr. I decide, and make him comfortable in my kitchen. I find a sharpie, draw an outline for a face, start to color in and POP! Pablo III Jr. lasted no more than 15 minutes. I couldn't stand to throw him away...but he was gone the next day. That's best, I guess...ssiiiiighhh!
Haha, oh well. Hopefully next Halloween I will have a big, happy, jack-o-lantern faced orange balloon floating around my house.
rest in peace, Pablo III jr.....
ReplyDeletePoor pablo!
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest halloween tradition though. :) Hope you had a good halloween! I ended up not going to a halloween party (my friends weren't too pleased with that), but atleast a lot of my neighbours had fireworks and I watched from my parents' bedroom window. But for the most part I didn't do anything. booo.
I got my csssa dvd today!!! :) I might watch a bit today... it's getting late though. I wish to see upside-down me, pink guy, robot, etc!
I signed on aim about a week or so ago... but amelia was not online!!! I'll try to go on again soon- I wish to talk to you! :(
Louie- thanks for your condolences...
ReplyDeleteCindey- I almost didn't do anything for Halloween either...but I needed an excuse to dress up :)
Hooray for the csssa dvd! I was actually expecting a little something extra on it...but alas, it's just our silly little films. That's good too though!
Aim...haha...we should set up a time and date to sign on hee hee...I'll try to sign on soon too.
great blog you got here!
ReplyDeleteThanks Roc! Your blog looks pretty cool too!
ReplyDeleteEYE MISS AHMEELIAH.
ReplyDeleteahahaahaha! This story is amazing and deserves to made into an animation. Sorry about laughing at Pablo though...
ReplyDeletePaul--say, that's a good idea! Animation, you say...
ReplyDeleteCINDEY...D: