(EDIT: thanks Sam for the heads-up on the images being too light...here they are again, hopefully a little easier to see on those PCs!)



Last Saturday (the 21st) was the 19th World Wide SketchCrawl held in San Francisco (and all over the world too)! I went down with my mom and her friend and met up with a few other friends down at Fort Point. I think the fort was the best place to draw things, even though, ironically, I didn't draw very much there. Most of my drawings were done along the bustling dirt bicycle/pedestrian/newlywed path that headed to Crissy Field. I realized very quickly that the paper I had didn't take watercolor nicely at all, so I gave that up early on. I also attempted to draw the great Golden Gate, but I didn't have skill nor patience to tackle it well. Maybe another time...
Oh and guess what comes out this Friday that I've been dying to see for forever?? Robots, love story, outer space, writer/director of Finding Nemo. What?! no way!! :D
These are such lovely drawings! Wow! I love the one up top of the girl on her bike, very nice and loose :) And the sketch of all those folks crowded around the hot dog stand is priceless! Great work!!!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I have to say is that the drawings look like they were scanned reeeeally light, so they were kind-of hard to see. Is that just a discrepancy between Macs and a PC, though (like you mentioned a few posts ago with that digi-painting you did)?
Anyhow, keep up the fantastic work :)
Thanks so much Sam! And thanks for letting me know...I'm going to have to adjust my scans from now on...
ReplyDelete