But I have a very good reason to blog now, because it's my mom's birthday on October 4th.
It's about week five here at CalArts and my 'new life' has become relatively normal by now... I don't mean normal as in predictable; I mean I feel pretty comfortable here, especially socially because of the amazing people I've met. The homework load can sometimes seem unbearable...but somehow we make it though. It's a crazy vicious cycle, we've discovered, because as soon as we are over the homework hump on Thursday we have to start again on next week's load. Late nights have become part of normal life too; which can be unfortunate sometimes. But only if you have a class the following morning. I try to avoid that situation...!
Each morning I get up (sometimes with the help of my wonderful roommate Tahnee--she had to wake me up for class once!), get ready and go straight to class. On days when I have classes later in the day I might head over to the cafeteria for breakfast. And there are always animation students around--in the cubes, in the cafe, in the main gallery, in the Palace...so I always see someone, sometime, somewhere, every day. It's an awesome environment.
Now I'll give you (a.k.a. Mom-wink wink) a tour of my route around school!
Here's the entrance to Cube # 8! Instead of a full curtain we've got a window curtain.
I took a picture of the fish I animated for traditional animation last week. I wish I could upload the video of it for you, but maybe later in the semester when I have more stuff to show I'll learn to upload it... Animating it was a blast.
I also bought a packet of monster eye stickers at an art store at the beginning of the year--they've made the rounds of the cubes and now many cube numbers have faces on them. Even my video tape has a face!
So that's it for now...I should start working on Color and Design. We just watched a bunch of animated shorts and The Hunchback of Notre Dame...such a good movie!
I'll try update more to tell some real stories, instead of just the general sweep of things. Have a great day tomorrow, Mom! I just showed everyone your blog and we were all very impressed by the Popeye family!! LOVE YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
(I always eat fruit!)
Happy birthday, Amelia's Mom! :D
ReplyDeleteWow...my desk used to be so clean...
Hunchback of Notre Dame YEAHS~
Awwww, thanks, Sweetie! How did you know that's exactly what I wanted for my Birthday - an update and photos from you? (maybe because I nagged you!)
ReplyDeleteCubicle #8 looks adorable, comfy and welcoming. I see the little Aloha sticker in the Open sign! I love hearing about your routine, and can't wait to meet these wonderful friends you are making. Tell them that it makes it much easier on us knowing that you have such a great network of supportive friends.
I love your fishie, and can't wait to see the animation. Did you have to hand-draw all the frames? If so, how many?
Good girl; eating your fruit!
Thanks for such a sweet update to your blog - you know you have a lot of far-away friends and family who miss you and want to keep updated on your new life. I know it's not easy to find time to blog, but we sure love it when you do.
Love you! Miss you!
p.s.
Tahnee - Thank you for being Amelia's alarm clock. You are a super roomate!
Mayumi - Thanks for the Birthday greeting, and for being Amelia's friendly cubicle-mate!
aw your fish design is adorable.
ReplyDeletei'll need to come visit your cube again!
disneyland next monday? :D
yay. this post has a cute fishy and a face tape!
ReplyDeletewoohoo, your cube is alwasy so welcoming
ReplyDeleteOn behalf of your friends and family who love you and miss you, I hereby respectfully request that you update your blog. At the risk of being a nag.
ReplyDeleteMom