Break has officially begun!
It feels like a whole year has passed since I left home. We’re half-way through the school year now, which is really unbelievable, exciting, scary, and sort of sad too. This week has many adjectives as well...but mostly it was tiring. Everyone was finishing up their final projects and pulling several all-nighters. Many character people didn’t sleep for days...and others didn’t even go back to their dorms at all. The cubes actually can be a pretty inviting sleeping place, especially if you’re half-dead and you happen to find a nice flat surface to pass out on.
This week, after all the stressful stuff was over with, I had the opportunity to look back on the work I had done during the semester. On one hand I feel like I should have more work to show for what I did, but on the other hand I know I worked harder than I ever had before...and that I’m sure I produced more stuff within the past four months than I ever have in that time frame. I can look back at the semester and analyze the choices I made, some good, some not. But all of it helps me see where I’m at, and where I can improve myself for next semester.
...
That was written on the plane over, and now I’m back home! It’s so incredibly cozy here. There’s a fire going, and all the christmas lights are up around the house, and we have a beautiful tree, and everything is just so welcoming. Yay. I’m going to like being at home for a while. But I am missing school! I’ll try to get some work done over break. Gotta think of a story idea, for sure.
Sleep!
ReplyDeleteaw I know, I'm already missing school!
ReplyDeleteBut I agree-- I don't think any of us have worked that hard before. And we did excellent work. And now we can (as Michael demands)-- SLEEEEEP!!
:D
Wow sounds nice! I miss school too... but if we don't rest over the break, we're gonna explode..!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your first year film Amelia. Good luck over break and make sure to hibernate because you'll probably need it for next semester!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a very nice and relaxing break(meaning DAYS of sleeping)! :)
ReplyDelete