
Here we go!
2008 was a great year to me...a lot of crazy, wonderful and exciting things happened. Most notably to me was getting into CalArts and starting my second life there. It really does feel like I have two lives now...! I've been very fortunate this year to have good health (minus the colds), a supportive community of family and friends, and plenty of life-lessons. I worked two jobs for most of the year and finished up my fourth and last semester at the SRJC. We traveled up to Shasta, down to Costa Rica, and visited my favorite city by the bay several times this year. This past week we took our semi-annual day trip up to Gualala too. And I've been to Disneyland more times in one year than I go in 10 years!!
I've discovered a deep love of geckos that I didn't realize I had. I've been looking through all of my stuff and finding more and more of them around. Even my blog name! So it seems only appropriate that I find a use for a gecko in a film. Stay tuned to see if that works out.I've also found an absurd weakness for the cuteness of welsh corgis. Unlike the gecko thing, I have no idea where this came from. But maybe there'll be a corgi film some day?
I'm at the last few days of winter break. Time has gone by just a little too quickly. I can't wait to get back to school...but I can't help but gorge myself in the luxuries of home life. Like eating well, and sleeping in till noon, and shopping, and petting my cats...ahhh so many good things!! But alas, school begins on the 8th for me, which means I'll be getting back down there next Wednesday.
New years resolution time!
Go To Bed Before 4 am (excluding crunch times)
Watch lots of movies
There! That's not so bad, now is it?
Can you imagine this guy with a bow tie and top hat? I sure can! ;)
EDIT: I've noticed a lot of red dots on my Clustermaps icon in the left sidebar, and it's always so amazing to see how many people across this huge globe have stumbled across this little blog (even if it's just once or twice). It means a lot to me to see all of you there!

"Little Dog Lost" was a Disney film about a corgi's adventures as he tries to return to his family home (I think it's out of print, though). "Cowboy Bebop" is an anime series that features a corgi, and recently I read that they are going to be making a live action film of it.
ReplyDeleteHappy Gecko '09! Don't stay up too late ;)
Yayy happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with the "two lives" thing! aahhhh break went to fast... though I am looking foward to next semester, but I could use about another year or so before we head into that... :P
have a safe trip!
welsh corgis are cute! :)
ReplyDeletesee you back at school!
Happy New Year! Cowboy Bebop's corgi character is too cute, I recommend the series!
ReplyDeleteDangerspouse- thanks for the heads-up about all the corgis! I did know about the little corgi dog in Cowboy Beebop. Indeed, very very cute. I had no idea Disney made a corgi film!
ReplyDeleteTahnee-yeah two lives means...twice the fun. and work. haha
Cindey and Silvana- I'm glad we all agree on the cuteness of corgis. :)