I had a fabulous time in San Francisco for the 23rd World Wide SketchCrawl. Next time I should do more drawings though. "Next time" might be tomorrow morning-I have jury duty for the first time and I hear there may be a lot of waiting. So time to bring out the sketchbook once again! I always wondered what it would be like to be one of those courtroom sketchers. Don't think I'd be able to draw during the actual trial though. ;)Have a great week!
Amazing Amelia!! Good studies of light
ReplyDeleteSo I just found your blog on google while searching for calarts character animation stuff, and wow. Your blog was incredible to read and your portfolio is just amazing.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind me asking, what supplies did you use (in your calarts portfolio)? I love the red&black shaded drawings, but I was wondering what kind of pencil that was? I'm looking into buying more colorful pencils and such to make my drawings more exciting. x)
Also...if you have the chance, I would love some critique on my life drawings in my blog. I'm applying for the character animation program for next year, so any advice would help, especially from someone so talented. ;)
I totally understand if you don't have the time though. :)
Thanks for at least taking the time to read this.
Haha I'll just reply to your comment on here. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I seriously cannot thank you enough for that comment, especially for taking the time to type that much up. I'm glad you enjoyed typing it! xD I really enjoyed reading it. :)
I really think we have a very similar attitude about things, so I just know Calarts will be an incredible experience for me. (if I'm accepted, the thought of being rejected terrifies me!). I'm an extremely hard worker, so I'll have no problem working really hard there. :)
Reading that critique on your drawings really helped! I know my proportions can be pretty off sometimes. I've been trying to study the figure at home more using posemaniacs haha. I've heard Calarts really likes seeing experimental drawings, I just have trouble breaking out of my comfort zone. x)
I'm going to go buy some of those conte crayons asap! Thanks!
Thanks again for such a motivating comment, at times I feel discouraged looking at accepted calarts portfolios, but I won't let that stop me. :)
Thanks again, you're awesome. :D
>3<
ReplyDeleteAmeeeerrrrria!!
we've gotta make sketchcrawl hardcore next year. :d
Love these as usual.
I love you.
ReplyDeleteThese are collectively the best comments i've ever had. <3 <3 <3!!!
ReplyDeleteYou blog is great!
ReplyDeletelove your work!
aw nice sketches, amelia! :)
ReplyDelete