Sunday, November 29, 2009

end of thanksgiving break

Awh Thanksgiving break is nearly over already!
I've spent most of the past three days walled up in my room for some reason; I think mainly because everyone I know is either back home or asleep during the day. But at night I have come out...last night I did some people sketching. Both for pleasure and for homework; story class requires a sketchbook of observational drawings this year but I like doing it anyway.
I'm looking forward to winter break! Home will be so comfortable...the best food, great company, comfy bed...ahh. :)
CTN was pretty cool! Elle and I spent the day together barraging all the booths and asking them to look at our portfolios. Elle's is gorgeous...you should check out what she's been doing. Here are a few pages from my portfolio.





I learned a lot by going to CTN and asking people for advice on my portfolio and my work. It makes me pretty eager to go back and really work on a solid final portfolio for the end of the year. The most prevalent critique was that I didn't have a focus--and it's true, since I don't really know what I want to do yet. So I have to sort that out too. Glad I did this now though, instead of wait until the jobfair to find out what I could improve on.

Well, I plan on getting outside today... Not sure what I'll do or when I'll get there...maybe I'll eat breakfast outside. Mm, muffins... :)
Have a good one.


6 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! I especially love the cats! And I like the way you laid them out with the blue & cream background. The cat with the bird on his head is my favorite. You're so good at expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on it but I guess I forgot to hit the post button, but the bird sketch are really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. Would you take a request?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you!

    n, what would your request be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since i love your animal sketches, my request would be about animals, too. Last week I watched a funny cartoon: a girl was running in a jungle and a big lion behind her was trying to catch her. Just when I thought she had no chance to escape, the lion overjumped the girl and fell into river where he was eaten by a crocodile, waiting for him with open mouth. It was really funny. Could you draw that scene: a croc eating a lion?

    ReplyDelete