A bunch of these are rather odd and old, but all are made with only a digital camera, imovie and a lot of drawings and patience. But if you do go to my website and see any of my animations, see "Floating" or "Cat" because I think those are my best ones. The site's a year old and I didn't really spend time picking a good "wallpaper" so it's just a bunch of cement roman-esque heads. So don't mind that. Drawings haven't been updated either...maybe I should make that another thing to do on my non-existant To-Do list.
A heads up to all those "I-wish-I-could-have-been-at-the-ComicCon-this-year" people: Louie Del Carmen has posted several great daily updates of his adventures at the Con this last weekend. Check it out!
Another random picure; this one is from my first trip to Pixar back in November of 04 I believe. Behind me is the company pool. These guys are spoiled!
Well, I think I'll call it a night.
thanks for the plug. Reporting from San Diego was a lot of fun. Your animation is rather good. You are doing stuff I wish I did when I was your age. "Head Exploding" is probably my favorite.
ReplyDeleteYou should make a short film You already know what to do so don't waste time with animation school. The amount of time you will spend in class, you can be animating and figuring it out for yourself which is the best school of all. From there the sky is the limit. You can go to places like Annecy, Ottawa and Hiroshima to screen your films and some even win a thing called the Oscars from time to time....
Live the dream.
Louie
Wow, thanks! You made my day! It would be so fun to do a short film, maybe for my senior project next year...? At any rate I've got to animate soon or I'll go crazy! Carreer wise, I don't think I could survive as an animator - but what do I know. Ultimately everyone wants their dreams to become a reality, but it won't do it by itself. Maybe I should turn my dream into a goal.
ReplyDeleteBut I'll start by dreaming small. Small as in short, short as in film. How about that? One short film, going on the backburner!
a