Thursday, July 14, 2005

corps bride

Yesterday I watched the theatrical trailer for Corps Bride, a new film produced by Tim Burton at Vinton Studios. It's a stop-motion film, like The Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach. Though none of these films are actually directed by Burton, Nightmare and Corps Bride have both adopted his unique style. I'm very excited to see this movie. From the looks of it (you can watch it here), the film will be a musical, like Nightmare, probably with Danny Elfman scoring the music. I think it's great that, even in this world of "3-D" and "2-D" computer animation, these guys are making a good ol' fashioned stop-frame movie. And it's a lot easier now than in the early 90s... I met James Baker at the Wondercon this year and we talked about this movie, and I believe he said he had a friend working on it, or somehow he heard that the process is a lot less risky nowadays. For intense, back with Nightmare, the animator would have to make each shot perfectly coordinated with the next and the last- one slip, even if you're on the last frame of a 10 second sequence, and the whole scene would be ruined. Anyway, I'm excited that there's a new trailer out and recommend that you watch it.

In other news, I've realized that I should probably get off my behind and catch up with many people this day in age- and start learning to illustrate on the computer! And I don't mean using Paint. Here's a Nina from Ronnie Del Carmen's Paper Biscuit using Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. I love Tim Burton and the Nightmare Before Xmas!! Corpse Bride looks awesome! We do have a lot of similar interests!

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete