This idea about an emergency light is fun, ridiculous as it may sound. I mentioned it a few posts ago. As of now (for the story can and probably will change a little), everything in this museum has just been renovated to comply with...well, with whatever modern-day standards are for museums these days; the door locks are number-code operated, at night lasers shoot steadily across each door and expensive diamond exhibit, high-tech security cameras have been placed in strategic places. Everything is new except for this emergency light who sits above a door (possibly the exit, where they are often placed in "real life"). Keep in mind that every camera, laser, ceiling sprinkler, heater vent and the emergency light are alive, but only after the museum is closed, when no human can see them. They don't talk, but they do emote. The laser is egocentric because it's the most high-tech of all the things. One security camera, despite it's reputation, sleeps all through the night. The security guards fall asleep at their desks too, so they never notice that one TV monitor is always fuzzy.(pic: Just when the thief activates the master switch. The emergency light has been following the thief with it's eyes, curious what this human is doing in the museum at night...)
This story is about a thief who outsmarts all of the newer, high-tech security items by shutting them all off with the 'master shut-off switch'. I guess the museum guys forgot to put a code lock on that one. Anyway, the only thing in the museum that doesn't run on electricity is this emergency light. As all people who have researched emergency lights know, they run on batteries and automatically turn on in a power outage. At least, that's what I've gathered from researching these things. Anyway, when the thief shuts everything off, the emergen
cy light turns on. Details are still coming to me, but the gist of the rest is that the emergency light devises a plan that involves turning on all of the other things and using each individual devices' ability to do whatever it is they were made to do to catch the thief. At the end of the adventure the thief is caught and a news reporter announces, "And just think- if it hadn't been for all of these wonderful, high-tech security devices, this thief would still be on the loose." When in fact they owe it all to this little emergency light.
checking in from SD. You've been busy! You should pitch this to one of the studios. Could be a good show!
ReplyDeleteLouie
Thanks Louie! It's a lot of fun to work on and I want to get as much feedback as possible on it from people. I'll post more when the story's cleaned up. Have fun at SD!
ReplyDeletea
I also did some editing on this entry...seems I had forgotten to finish one or two sentences, so I didn't really say what I meant to. All bedda now!
ReplyDeletea