Thursday, August 04, 2005

maui stuff



One of the commenters here mentioned sunset at Wailea to be pretty good, so my family took that advice and decided to go see for ourselves. It was indeed beautiful; there were even newlyweds eating dinner on the beach with a personal chef. It was quite a romantic setting. I must have spoiled it for my parents by eating my gummy worms...a bag of these sour gummy worms melted in the car and formed a huge mass of gummyness. It was actually rather fun to eat.
We moved from Kihei to Pa’ia on Monday and we’ll be spending the rest of our vacation here. Mom got a papaya and said it looked like it was making a kissing face, so I drew some eyes on it and voila! The kissing papaya.
I got a shirt
that says Slow Popoki, which is cat in Hawaiian. I also got this really cool pendant and strung it into a neclace. Unfortunately I was wearing both at the same time in these pictures, so you can’t really see either of them well.
We’ve gone to several beaches, some good, some not so good. I made a flag out of palm tree materials and a surfboard fin my dad found while snorkling. I also decided to fashion a palm frond on my head. Fun comes in many forms.
My dad saved my much fright yesterday by brushing a centipede off of my back, which I did not know was there. He said it was crawling up my back and was almost at my neck! One local guy saw it on the ground after Dad had brushed it off and said it was a poisonous one. He squished it.
The clouds here are amazing too; like something out of a Miazaki movie. Will report more later on, but until then, ALOHA!


3 comments:

  1. Sorry this blog's text is a little strange--I had to do it a different way this time but once I get home it will be normal again.
    Thanks,

    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the beack looks amazing! I like the kissing papaya alot to. I go to Hawaii this tuesday, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.

    Glad you and the folks liked my sunset recommendation. One of these days I'll have to make it over there to see one for myself again.

    Louie

    ps - papayas rock.

    ReplyDelete