Wednesday, December 28, 2005

John Lasseter interview

John Lasseter and Ron Magliozzi are interviewed about the new Pixar exhibit at the MoMA in New York. This is a very cool listen, I recommend it. Lasseter talks about storyboarding and how it is practically the same as it was when Disney first started. He also mentioned that some board artists now are beginning to sketch directly into the computer using tablets. This was an idea I had thought about but didn't know if it was going to happen. I wonder if the tablets might take over the whole process someday? I kind of hope not, but the digital way would be faster, I guess. Anyway, there's a lot of cool stuff to hear and you can download it from this page. You have to scroll down a little until you see "20 Years of Animation" then click "download." It's only ten minutes or something like that.
For my Senior Project I have to write a 12 page paper on the topic and something controversial about it. But what is controversial about storyboarding? At first I thought about the digital thing, maybe there's some controversy over whether to keep it traditional with the pencil and paper or to make it digital. I'm not sure yet.
Ok...see y'all later.



Edit note(1/2/06): Actually the interview is about half an hour...I didn't realize how long it was!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this cool link! Its a bit to late for me to check it out now but I'll definetley look at it tomorrow

    As for whats controversial about storyboarding...I'll sleep on it. haha I should go to bed I'm to tired to think

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Paul. If you've got the time it really is fun to listen to :)
    About staying up too late- it happens to me too...every summer break I become nocturnal!

    a

    ReplyDelete