Wednesday, December 07, 2005

what? a painting?

Uh, yeah...I'm trying to get into painting a little more. I never use enough color in my drawings and painting has been a challenge for me. So why not? It started as a doodle of a mermaid in art TA class and, due to the paints that are just lying around, I decided to paint her. I'm still not finished, but I thought I'd do some-in progress scans...
I just bought a really great comic book called Flight, Volume 1. I've read through it already, and I just got it yesterday. There are so many good stories in there! Not to mention the art...so inspiring. If I were doing two Senior Projects, I think I'd choose to do a short story like one of those. But I'm still happy with my storyboard project. It's coming along, I'd say...though how much further it has to come I might avoid thinking about :)
And here is one of those things in life where you just snap your fingers and say, "Well, shoot!" :
We bought tickets to go see Randy Newman, singer/songwriter, for next February on the 25th. It's a Saturday. I was really excited because that's one of the days I go to the AAU for figure drawing classes. I thought, "Oh man! Figure drawing in San Francisco in the morning, Randy Newman at night! How could it possibly get any better?" Well I just found out that the next Cartoon Art Museum's Pixar event, "Twenty Years with Pixar" I think it's called, takes place on that very day. Yep. I went to the last Cartoon Art Museum / Pixar event; it was the Incredibles behind-the-scenes night last October. I've been waiting for the date of their next collaboration since then. Well, shoot!
Oh well. Hey, I'm lucky enough as it is, I say. Minus one trip to Pixar isn't so bad. Minus meeting John Lasseter, on the other hand... :(
Blah blah blah sorry I'm boring you. Ok. Here's one more drawing, then I'm out...must sleep soon...

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I will be sure to return fo many more visits. she's hot by the way and the design and energy in the post below is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. St John Street! Thanks for coming by! That second mermaid picture came out a little weird from the scanner...she isn't really that ORANGE... :p

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alina! I've been loving your San Francisco paintings on your blog too. So colorful!!

    a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Amelia :), I love your mermaids they are great ;) now in this saturday Im cheking the blog beautiful really beautiful :) and the little girl oh taht little face the inoncence ,please keep working ;)

    ReplyDelete