Well the new year is here to stay. I'm excited about it...the year I graduate, the year I begin junior college, the year a bunch of new stuff happens. I won't actually be going to a four year college for four years. My plan (for the moment) is to transfer from the JC to the AAU in SF after two years. Hopefully. But right now I've got other exciting things to look forward to...Figure drawing classes at the AAU, for example! And the Wondercon too! And a Randy Newman concert to top it all off! All of this happens in February though.One super cool thing happening this month is that every Thursday, on Turner Classic Movies, John Lasseter will be talking about Hayao Miyazaki movies. Our friend Bob told me about the shows, so I was able to catch the first show. I managed to record part of the second show last Thursday once my dad showed me how to record. If you get TCM tune in every Thursday this month at 5:00 pm to see John Lasseter and a Studio Ghibli film.
In other news...
I went out to sushi last Wednesday and while I waited for the food to come I sat by the aqua
rium and sketched some fish. There were a lot of things that I wanted to draw in there, but I didn't have enough time. A little girl, about six, came up and started looking at the fish too. We started talking right away. She would say "I want to show you something," and she'd point to a fish hiding under something or a starfish or something like that. She asked, "Where's the fish that looks like a frog?" And I replied, "Uh, I donno," But a few moments later she found it and sure enough the fish had the head of a frog, I'm serious. After a while I decided I should go see if my pick up was ready, but on my way to the counter I met the girl's mom and her friend. After introducing myself they asked, "Do you ever babysit?"...Life can lead you in so many different directions, so randomly! So who knows, baybe I'll be babysitting the little six year old in a while. Cool.So enough about life... I've added a new thing to the Gecko Cafe, called a ClustrMap. It will keep track of where people are in the world when they visit my site. I've wanted somehing like this before but didn't know it really existed for free. Hoorah!
I've posted a picture of the fish hiding under a shell, a girl I sketched in art class, a random page in my sketchbook of attempts at drawing a figure in a certain pose and a watercolor of a girl. Wasn't there an Illustration Friday about the Sea? I have not been keeping up, so I'll use this
fish for that week! Have a nice Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
wow - you graduate 06! That sould be awesome if you went to AAU for college! ...must be a little sad and exciting that it's now 06, your year
ReplyDeleteThe sketches look freat and I like the watercoloring a lot!
Good luck with the babgysitting thing if you get the job :D
Thanks a lot Paul! Yeah, o6 is going to be a year to remember. Is AAU where you want to go for college? I've wanted to go there ever since freshman year!
ReplyDeletea
I finally found someone who's probably busier than me! Congratulations! AAU is an art school? Great sketches especially the fish.... now go out there and take over the world!
ReplyDeleteGreat fish there!
ReplyDeleteJunior college is a great way to get general ed out of the way before moving on to what you REALLY want to be doing. I did just enough general ed that I didn't have to take any when I went off to college - I don't know how I would have fit more classes in, it was too busy.
Louie- AAU stands for the Academy of Art University. It's campuses are spread out all over the City. That's the place where I took figure drawing classes last year, and where I will be taking them this year too. And I'm not as busy as it seems! :)
ReplyDeleteEmma- Thanks; I think I'm going to miss going to the University for two years instead of four, but like you said, it works out better in the end cost-wise and class-wise.
Thanks for stoppin' in everyone!
a
that's one good thing about california. they have an affordable system for getting an Associate degree.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your studies.
Beautiful new drawings :) and all the best for school, be good :)
ReplyDeleteRebecca- California's got a few more good things too! :) thanks!
ReplyDeleteVirginiajoe- Thanks a lot!
a
hey there! Thanks for the comment! Your artwork and stop motion animations are super awesome!
ReplyDeleteGreat to meet you too! C:
Thanks for coming by Sylvana. Post more art!
ReplyDeletea