Sunday, June 04, 2006

old pics

Here are a few pictures from an earlier version of my storyboard stitched together to make a panorama. Much (if not all) of this was taken out because it distracted the audience from the real main character....I don't even know if the Smoke Alarm was a character yet, and it's one of the main characters now. In this opening sequence I thought I could introduce each of the characters through the eyes of a little girl walking through the museum. My mentor on the project, Ernie, told me that I made it seem like she was the main character; so I learned it the hard way! But I'm real glad he told it to me straight, because if he hadn't, I'd still be just as lost on the project today...
Here's the stack of story panels, pretty close to being final. I'd like to say the story's worked out pretty much, but then again, I thought I could say that months ago! Hopefully the more I work on it the more I (and the audience) will like it.

Today I had a family party at our house, originally to celebrate all the graduations in the family, but it eventually turned into a melange of birthdays, graduations and anything else we could think of to celebrate. I graduate in a week and a half, and man o man, CARS comes out THIS WEEK!
On another little note, I've added a new link to the bar to the side, "Upcoming Pixar," which always seems to have new, interesting articles and news about the big P. Check it out!

5 comments:

  1. can't see links! ;n;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! I can see them on my computer...I wonder why you can't view them...did you scroll down a bit more? Thanks for the heads-up...

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see them now! Going to see Cars tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. That's a handsome stack of boards. You should scan it and make a story reel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Louie- I need to just buckle down and get it worked out so I don't put together a reel that I'll decide I need to change again later...as soon as I get that done I want to get it up. Have you seen Nick Sung's reel of One Man Band? It's great...

    a

    ReplyDelete