Monday, July 03, 2006

hawaii pictures part 1

Here, finally, are some photos of my week-long excursion to O'ahu, Hawai'i. I couldn't stop thinking of Lilo and Stitch while I was there, thus ended up drawing them...I also went on my own little SketchCrawl in Kailua on Saturday, and I'll post those pics up in Part 2...
That happy dog face is Maka ("eyes" or "vision" in Hawaiian). This big yellow, pointy flower is the bird of paradise flower, and of course I couldn't not take a picture of this patriotic gecko with the straw hat and fresh leis, hangin' loose in Waikiki!
Then it's me eating pancakes, a big stack which I could only eat half of. I saw an old, blue Hudson car in that parking lot, like the character "Doc" in Cars. That was neat because I had never seen one in real life before.. And the last pic is a sunset outside of the Elks Club in Waikiki the first night I got there.
I have more to show and tell, but I'll have to save it...there is a majority of items on my "to do" list that are not checked off. :)





5 comments:

  1. BIRDS OF PARADISE!!! My favorite :D
    i like the drawing of Lilo and the sunset photo is awesome! Not to mention that the dog is super cute
    thanks for sharing the paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more where that came from! But tomorrow is mostly a packing day...I'm off to CSSSA (at CalArts) on Wednesday! When do you go to Pratt?

    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Lilo & Stitch sketch. I can't help but think about them too when I'm in Hawaii. Your nice sunset photo makes me long for the islands so much... Maybe next year I can go with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the famous "Birds of Paradise". There's such great colors in those flowers. I especially love that sunset shot...the rays of the sun hiding behind the purple clouds is breath-taking! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louie and Gerald- Yeah, Hawaii's pretty nice....sigh...:)

    a

    ReplyDelete