Okay so...haven't posted much in the way of drawings lately, so...here are a few. I saw that car today parked on the street hand had to draw it. It was so cool looking! The two people are the same dancer in my mom's hula halau. There was a performance last Saturday where they danced and I played my stand-up bass in the little band interlude. Mom played the uke with Ron and it sounded great. The scribbles are random and from a story I've
been thinking about.I need to learn how to draw parrots.
That car sketch looks cool. It's a 50's chevy or buick or something... I like the dancing sketches too. Very Degas-ish..
ReplyDeleteI don't think i've drawn many Parrots myself so I my proficiency in sketching them are questionable.. You can always Google one up and copy it!
Yeah! I might just google that parrot...thanks!
ReplyDeletegreat drawings amelia--
ReplyDeletelookin' pretty confident!
that is a great sketch of a very cool looking car. I wish to own an antique car one day... except I know nothing about cars and probably wouldn't be too great at maintaining it either! I can't wait to see what kind of story you're developing- from your past work (E-light / Robot) I have a feeling it's going to be really good. :)The dancer sketches are lovely also!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nick! How are you liking SF? Hope to see you at SketchCrawl if you can make it! :)
ReplyDeleteoooo I love the curley rough lines on the figure sketch at the bottom!! Have your college classes started yet?? how do you like em?!
ReplyDeleteCINDEY! Your comment didn't show until just now! Having a cool old car like that would be sweet...but I'm the same way, know nothing about cars...
ReplyDeletePaul- Yeah! The junior college here's really nice. I'm only taking one art class though, so hopefully next semester I can get more in my schedule :)
lovely drawings!! THat car rocks!! love the gestures too.
ReplyDeletewooo! that car is awesome. i suckkkk at cars hahah. yes parrots WOULD be a very useful thing to learn to draw :)
ReplyDeletei misseeyyooouuuuu
amelia - good to see ya again at SC11. that is an awesome car sketch!!!
ReplyDeleteJackie! Thanks...cars are harrd, but when they're as cool-looking as the one in that parking lot, I have to try to draw it!
ReplyDeleteGerald- Thanks! It was great seeing you too, and thanks so much for helping put it all together. That map really helped!