Monday, September 25, 2006

wooo! sketchcrawl # 11!!










What a fun day last Saturday...when I first woke up I thought it was cloudy from my window, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the sun out and shining brilliantly (as always, it seems, on SketchCrawl Day). My friend showed up at my house and at 9:30 we were off to the San Francisco Embarcadero Ferry! Once we made it into the City it was a little tricky finding parking, but after a bit of driving around we found a garage and walked over to the ferry building. Another friend was there waiting for us to show up, and we came at just the right time - people were getting ready to board the ferry. We said hello to Enrico and Ronnie, the head honchos of our 80-something group and hopped in line for the ferry. We were piled into the one named "Sonoma" and were off on the high seas of San Francisco Bay. On the ferry I met many Crawlers, many names forgotten I'm afraid for I met them pretty much in sequential order one handshake after another... But I also was able to meet Nick Sung, who has a cool blog I followed and who just moved to SF recently.
The SketchCrawl group was so big that we were like a flock of birds...one goes here, some follow, and another flys in another direction and some follow there too..we three split up into our own little group, but hardly ever out of site of another sketcher. Meanwhile my mom took her bike around Sausalito. I'm convinced we overpopulated the locals of Sausalito. However we were overpopulated by the tourists for sure (we're not tourists!).
After lunch we decided to start heading over to Dunphy Park, the meeting place for the whole group at 3:00. There were some tantalizing shops to look at, but I really wanted to draw some more. I get a little antsy when I shop on SketchCrawl days...but after a short stint in tourist heaven we finally made it to Dunphy. We sketched there for a while too, which made up for the shopping!
Finaly it was 5:00, time to take the ferry back to SF. We had our usual cooling-down session sharing sketchbooks around a table outside Peet's Coffee in the Embarcadero Center. Mom took the later ferry and met us there. After about an hour at the table (it seemed...kind of lost track of time) we decided to pack up and head out. It felt like an especially long ride home. But a splendidly enjoyable day.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a lot of fun! I wish I had gone on ahead and done it, but maybe next time... and maybe one day with you and jeff. :) Apart from the ones I've commented on last night- I also like the animals and the experimentally- plant one. You captured a lot in the drawing with jeff, mary, and enrico! And finally the watercolour-y one, so pretty! :D

    I can't wait to get our csssa DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Cindey--and definetly let's all do a SketchCrawl together sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGGHHH! yeahh next time! awww that looks like so much fun! i love your drawinggsssss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work. especially your loose sketches. The crane and the last pose are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jackie and Louie! Thanks but I feel like I really need to buckle down and draw with some accuracy of the subjects I'm drawing! Too skribbly in my opinion :P Will work on that...

    ReplyDelete